How do I deal with guest who books and pays for 1 guest and then has 4 people staying?

Answered!

How do I deal with guest who books and pays for 1 guest and then has 4 people staying?

It's not fair on me. It's expensive for me in utilities and wea and tare on my property.

This has happened multiple times in the 1 month I have had the listing. Most people are honest. Some are not. 

The problem is it's expensive with people don't pay and I would like to know how airbnb can help me with this please? Advice? Actions? etc

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you know more people are using your property than have booked you have two choices

1. ask the guest to send an amendment to the booking for the additional guests

2 . If you don't have room or don't want the visitors to stay then tell visitors not on the booking to leave immediately 

do you ask all your guests to confirm on Airbnb messaging to confirm numbers of guests that will be staying and that they understand only guests who have booked can stay @Gavin238 

(I am presuming you have set up your listing so there is a per person charge for any additional guests over one) 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Terry731
Level 2
TVM, India

Try fixing a additional charge for each additional guest. This you can specify in the listing

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you know more people are using your property than have booked you have two choices

1. ask the guest to send an amendment to the booking for the additional guests

2 . If you don't have room or don't want the visitors to stay then tell visitors not on the booking to leave immediately 

do you ask all your guests to confirm on Airbnb messaging to confirm numbers of guests that will be staying and that they understand only guests who have booked can stay @Gavin238 

(I am presuming you have set up your listing so there is a per person charge for any additional guests over one) 

Guest paid for day 1. Days up o 7 she denies overnight and staying during the day only. She lying cause I still see 4 people on external doorway security cams. Also has two dogs. At first it was one service does. Doesn’t look like either dog is service dog. I was planning to wait to they leave and charge extension house rules for 3 extra people for 6 days. They have another booking after the first that I will cancel after they leave. Does this sound sensible 

@Gavin238 No, it doesn't sound sensible. When guests break your house rules, you make them leave. You will never get additional money out of them or from AirBnB. 

Elaine747
Level 2
Aubrey, TX

My listing addendum states no unregistered visitors after 9pm.  Additional visitors as over night guests must register to AirBnB and pay an additional guest fee of $5/night per extra guest. They can easily tell that I can see and hear all the traffic activity.