How do we get our property listed in the new categories ?

Burke10
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

How do we get our property listed in the new categories ?

It's not as important when searching on a computer, but when someone is looking for a place on their phone, categories are the main filter when looking on the map, to search for properties.  So how is a property put into these categories?  We have a home on a mountain with amazing views, yet isn't found in the "Amazing Views" category. We also have a Cave on our property, but is not found in the "Cave" category.  It was also architecturally designed. But not in that category and lastly we have a gourmet kitchen, and you guessed it, not in that category either.  So how is there no way to put in a request to move into appropriate categories?

9 Replies 9

@Burke10 

Thanks for raising this issue. My home is designed and built by a noted Frank Lloyd Wright school architect, and for some reason is not in the "Design" category. It is also totally off-grid, so, I am curious, too! Following this thread, for sure. 

My father had many lectures with FLLW as well and was the basis of our house design. 

Bump for answers

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Burke10 

I am not sure if it is still the case, but a few months ago, you could contact Airbnb CS to request that your listing/s be added to (or removed from) specific categories. CS would then review the request and it was at their discretion to decide either way, but they were supposed to let you know either way within seven days.

I did this and all three of my listings were added to the three relevant categories within 2-3 days. However, I should warn you that it did nothing for my views or bookings. My views actually went down after that! 

One of the moderators here also stated on the CC not long ago that only a small minority of guests search using categories. Once guests enter in dates and a location, the categories disappear and they are back to the regular search.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Burke10 ,

I was able to find some information about it.

All listings go through a curation process, which includes evaluating titles, descriptions, photo captions, etc. However, as of now, hosts are not able to manually categorize their own listings as they are algorithmically categorized.

Hence, you can increase your chances of appearing in a certain category by selecting all relevant amenities and highlighting them with relevant photos.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hey @Bhumika, I have All the amenities appropriately selected, Our title, literally has Cave in it, and we have pictures of the cave with some also showing our View and Design.  Yet nothing, but other homes are listed.  Is someone being paid under the table to get into these categories?

Krista292
Level 2
Crested Butte, CO

We are having a similar issue with our ski in / ski out property.  We are a Super Host with photos and reviews to prove that we are a true ski in / ski out property.  When we do a test search and click on the ski in / ski out filter our property disappears.  Even worse is that properties with very exaggerated ski access are listed.  If you discover a solution please share it with us.  Thanks. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Burke10 

I could give you all the details how to but Im not allowed to post any links and not allowed to help fellow host as it pi$$ ed some host off who reported me, 

Could you tell me where I might find these links? I can search on my own.  You could always email our listing email address.

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]