How do you edit price and availability after the summer redesign of the site?

Answered!
Laura4684
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

How do you edit price and availability after the summer redesign of the site?

Since the latest update, I am unable to change the price and minimum nights on the calendar. Before, it was clearly accessible on the right and required 1 step. How do you get around this awful redesign? Airbnb support has been awful, they do not know what I am talking about and keep sending outdated instructions that do not apply anymore

1 Best Answer

Hi Laura,
I’ve struggled with this new interface myself. Hopefully the below steps help.

On the Menu - click on Calendar - do not click on your listing to open the full calendar as it was before, just leave it as a strip, to only see the dates displayed in a row. I know it’s not easier than it used to be, but it seems to be the new version :(.

Then, when you click on a certain date from the strip calendar, on the right side of the screen there is a small arrow to expand another menu (if not already open in the right side). This menu on the right side should contain the old rules that you used to have regarding minimum night stays and it also allows you to create new rules to be applied further.

Coming back to when you’ve selected one certain date from the strip calendar, go in that right menu scroll all the way down until you find “Rule-sets” box. From there, you can choose your minimum stay rule. Hope this helps. By the way, I hate the new version of the calendar…

I already left a feedback with Airbnb, hopefully it will matter and more of us will do that if they are unhappy as we are.
Have a great day,
Andreea

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura4684 turn on pro tools in your account and then click on calendar from your home page. Then apply rulesets to the calendar

@Laura4684 you need to use the 'strip' calendar now not the monthly one with your listing

Thanks but what is the strip calendar? I only have month view or year view. As per the pro tools, I looked into that, I have a "professional hosting tools" in my account but there is no opt in that I know of, only a toggle "Allow me to use an email alias to reach guests"

Hi Laura,
I’ve struggled with this new interface myself. Hopefully the below steps help.

On the Menu - click on Calendar - do not click on your listing to open the full calendar as it was before, just leave it as a strip, to only see the dates displayed in a row. I know it’s not easier than it used to be, but it seems to be the new version :(.

Then, when you click on a certain date from the strip calendar, on the right side of the screen there is a small arrow to expand another menu (if not already open in the right side). This menu on the right side should contain the old rules that you used to have regarding minimum night stays and it also allows you to create new rules to be applied further.

Coming back to when you’ve selected one certain date from the strip calendar, go in that right menu scroll all the way down until you find “Rule-sets” box. From there, you can choose your minimum stay rule. Hope this helps. By the way, I hate the new version of the calendar…

I already left a feedback with Airbnb, hopefully it will matter and more of us will do that if they are unhappy as we are.
Have a great day,
Andreea

Dear Andrea, many thanks for your detailed answer. however, I am not prompted with the features you mention. I wish I could send a screenshot but I can't. I don't know what is a strip calendar nor what is the arrow on the right that I am supposed to see. Maybe it is a browser or hardware problem. I use a Macbook with Google Chrome.

When I select a group of dates on the calendar, there is no "availability" on the right. There is a box with ( I copy paste):

Open

Block nights
Per night
€ 120
Guest total € 194
Compare similar listings € 97 – € 145
Add a private note

--- That's it, nothing else. 
If I close this box with the "x" on the upper right corner I have a different box which hopefully has PricingAvailability
.. but if I click on any of those 2, the selection of dates on the calendar is lost, so I cannot edit multiple dates availability, because if I select the dates again, the second box vanishes and I start again with the first box as above in an endless loop.

The only way I found I can change the availability of a group of nights is:

close the first box on the right with the "x" > select "availability" > select "custom trip length" > Click on "add another" > insert the dates I want to edit minimum nights

.. but this is awful and when I go back to the calendar and click on a random night, I can't see what the minimum night is for that date!!

This is ridiculous and infuriating frankly. I have been a superhost for 4 years and never had problems setting calendar rules before...

Laura

@Laura4684 try the following:

Go into Airbnb and click the switch to hosting button.

Now on the page you land on do not go into your listing but look towards the top and you will see some options.

One of these is calendar

click on this and the multi calendar will open up

Now highlight some dates and see what happens

This is great for people with multiple properties - less good for people with only one.

@Mike-And-Jane0 That is exactly what I do. But once I select dates, I cannot edit availability as per the problem described above. Selecting "availability" uncheck the dates selected so I cannot continue. Can you?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Laura4684 ,

You can take a screenshot and share it with @Andreea125  on this thread by clicking on the camera icon after you click on the reply button.

Bhumika_0-1687528355159.png

I hope it helps you share further information with @Mike-And-Jane0 & @Andreea125.

If you can share relevant screenshots, I can reach out to the technical team as well for assistance. Keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Laura4684 Yes everything works for us. We can modify pricing in both calendars. I wonder if you should try a different browser or delete cookies. I don't know what that means but people always suggest it when things go wrong.

You can toggle back and forth between the strip calendar (airbnb calls "multi-calendar) and the standard full page view. We do that quite a bit as sometimes the multi-calendar works great for certain things, but it seems most of the new functionality is on the "standard" view calendar.

On the multi-calendar (strip), just double click the listing name on the left and the standard calendar will appear. To switch back to multi-calendar view, click "calendar" at top of page.

I do see custom trip lengths available and Checkin/Checkout Restrictions now on the standard calendar view right side. 'll attach screen shots.

Standard Calendar View Full.png

Checkin Checkout Restrictions 2.png

You can toggle back and forth between the strip calendar (airbnb calls "multi-calendar) and the standard full page view. We do that quite a bit as sometimes the multi-calendar works great for certain things, but it seems most of the new functionality is on the "standard" view calendar.

On the multi-calendar (strip), just double click the listing name on the left and the standard calendar will appear. To switch back to multi-calendar view, click "calendar" at top of page.

I do see custom trip lengths available and Checkin/Checkout Restrictions now on the standard calendar view right side. 'll attach screen shots.

Standard Calendar View Full.png

Checkin Checkout Restrictions 2.png

Hi @Laura4684 ,

I had the exact same problem you describe. No 'strip calendar' and therefore no way to see or change minimum stays on particular dates. 

I am now able to see the strip calendar and use it to set the minimum stays as other responders to your question have advised.

To make the strip calendar (rather than the full-page calendar) appear,  I first had to go into my Account and on the 'Professional Hosting Tools' page & select 'Manage' next to the option that says "Company (Edit your company info and manage your listings at scale)". On my screen, it appeared directly above the 'Allow me to use an email alias to reach guests' toggle option.

Then, from the new page that opened after selecting 'Manage', I was able to turn on the Pro Tools. When I went back to my home page & selected 'Calendar', the strip calendar (finally!) appeared. I thought I already had Professional Tools turned on but apparently not (or they'd somehow been dropped & needed turning on again).

Airbnb is infuriating to use as a host, and their updates always seem to just make it moreso!

Laura4684
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

How I am glad I am not alone in this. Thanks! I now can see the strip calendar, but I have 4 other older listings showing below that are not relevant anymore, and guess what? There is no way to delete old listings (I already asked the support) It means I will have to live with this awful version of the strip calendar with places and prices from 10 years ago. Plus, why on earth change the listing calendar (full-page calendar) and restyle it in a way that offers less functionalities than before? I just don't understand. There are thousands or millions of hosts that must be wondering the same right now. I'd like to give up the pro tools and strip calendar, but I cannot because they have taken away the possibility of editing minimum nights on the traditional calendar. It's a mess