How do you get Air BnB Virtual experiences to accept your payment?

How do you get Air BnB Virtual experiences to accept your payment?

I had an incredible virtual experience with an awesome host who agreed to let me make a deposit for an initial estimated amount of participants, and then pay for the amount of participants present after the event. I had a very hard time getting my payment through (was initially booking using a cooperate card, not in my name, which was impossible because of all the security protocols, and eventually decided to use my own card and apply for reimbursement.) I got my card to work for the deposit, but when I tried to pay the balance after the event, I kept getting messages saying my card needed to be verified (even though I used the same card I had used to make the initial booking.) I've been calling air bnb all day hoping to reach someone who can be helpful but they just keep saying they will need someone to call me back because Air BnB doesn't handle virtual experiences (and they refuse to give me a direct phone line to virtual experiences.) I reported this issue during my first failed attempt at booking and they said the same thing -- and no one called me back, so I don't think I'll hear from them again this time.

That said, I'd really like to pay my host, and now I'm concerned this will get turned over to collections or something. I'm beyond frustrated -- I have sunk hours into simply trying to give air bnb money owed. Has anyone dealt with this? Any advice? 

3 Replies 3
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Nina1293 

Sorry to hear about this - did you ever receive the call back?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jenny nope! Been calling every day since I made this post and no one from the experiences team has gotten in touch. Everyone has verified that my complaint is marked "urgent" but that is apparently meaningless to ABNB.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

I'm so sorry about that @Nina1293 - I've passed your details to the support team and given them a nudge about this.

Hopefully someone will be in touch, or if I get any updates, I'll drop you a line,

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines