How do you photograph lack of airflow?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

How do you photograph lack of airflow?

I admit, it is more of a rhetorical question. I thought I’d post it, so we can have some fun. This is the request I just got from air cover to approve my claim. The guest deliberately kept switching off the internal HVAC switch, and then claiming to be too cold, so I made a claim for the repeated tech visits. After the second time I caught on to it and just came over to switch it back myself. It was a bizarre stay all around 

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Inna22 

I don't know. Some guests are just a bit clueless.

I have experienced this myself recently:

1. Guest who left me a nice review but complained the house was too cold and rated me down because of that. Yet, because she was staying in a particularly cold spell we had earlier in the winter, I especially checked with her if her room was warm enough and she said it was. I offered to check the radiators, which she declined. So, I told her to check them herself, and if they were not hot enough, I would come and bleed them. She said she would certainly let me know if that was the case and never mentioned it again. I also suggested that her room would stay warmer if she closed the curtains at night. She said she would, but didn't. So, I was a bit surprised when she said she was cold in her review, having not mentioned it at all and even told me the opposite when I asked.

2. Guest who simply could not open the front door. Showed her numerous times. Gave her different keys. The house is old, including the doors, and the front door does occasionally stick a bit during very wet weather. We have had exceptionally wet weather recently. So, I understand it is an inconvenience. Yet, she insisted the lock didn't work, even though it does. During her stay, the other guests, the cleaner and I could all get in no problem, but she could not. There is nothing wrong with the door lock, but she insisted it did not work even though I repeatedly demonstrated (with the various keys I offered her, that it did). She was getting so stressed that I eventually just said, if you want to leave early, I will refund you. She was shocked, but then found somewhere else to stay and accepted the offer.

I am not sure what else one can do in these situations. I am very reluctant to call out people (not that they will come at this time of year anyway) to fix problems that I am not at all convinced exist...

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Inna22   Responding in FUN.  Take a picture off the internet of the currents for airconditioning in a room.  Photoshop a brick wall into the picture.  Should be obvious.  HAHA.