How long does it take for a new listing to become publicly visible?

How long does it take for a new listing to become publicly visible?

I have recently listed my property, however i just cant seem to find it on airbnb.  It does not appear on the map or any lisitings from the area i search under.  Does it take a few days before it becomes active?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

37 Replies 37
Kieran39
Level 1
Melbourne, AU

We have just listed our room and it is saying it's listed on our profile. It would be great if someone could check to see if it's live. The listing is titled "Loft bedroom in spacious warehouse conversation."

Thanks!

Tatiana579
Level 1
Murrieta, CA

I just listed my property today. I sent the link to friends who are interest in booking however when they try to reserve the dates show available but they can’t proceed with the reservation. When I search for the listing I can’t find it at all. Anyone know what this mean? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tatiana579 

There is no active listing in your profile.

So it is also not in the search sysem.

It can take upto 24 hours before a listings becomes active.

(But as it is also not in your profile, i fear the publishing proces is not in progress yet)

What does it mean? I contacted customer service and the message they send me was that it takes 72 hours. Does it seem right to you? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tatiana579 

In most cases 24 hours is maximum (answers from Airbnb CS are not allways reliable).

But i see the listing is now visible in your profile, so there is some progress going on !

But it is not yet in the search system.

You have to wait until this link gives a result:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=292649616&map_toggle=true

So have some more patience....

Hi there, my listing also doesn't appear on search results or on the map. It is in listed status. 

Hi!) My listing is still not up....! It's so painful! tourists are losing a place to rent esp young couples and I am losing a weekend rent as work days are harder!!! And it's a weekend in a third largest city of Spain... rrrr....  I own the space and specially made it for 95 euros in a city with a beach)) plus gave a weekly discount... My concern is that airbandb will loose lots of potential bookings - because Spanish market is very hot right now - tourists are suffering there is nothing under 100 e per night, at the moment. THey will move away from my city, I am really worried. 

Arthur455
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Yes we'll I have no listing's over Xmas because  they say it takes 3 days to put up.Very disappointed for loss of income at this time.I worked so hard.