How much do you charge for your pet fee?

Answered!
Shanda28
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

How much do you charge for your pet fee?

I would like to add pets to my listing but was wondering how much does everyone else charge for pets allowed? 

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Shanda28 You could find out what a local pet center/kennel charges per night for boarding.  I charge $75 or $100 per booking for up to 2 pets.  This is far less than the local kennels charge for boarding, so my guests are usually okay with paying the fee.  Note: You will have the lady who declares that Fifi is her emotional support animal (ESA) and will not pay any pet fee. 

My pet fee also goes directly to housekeeping due to the extra time needed to rid the property of pet fur and dander, and to check the yard for debris (pet bombs).  Even though people are requested to not let their pets on the furnishings, they will still sleep with them in the beds and let them on the couches and chairs. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shanda28 there are two ways to find out.

1) search for similar properties on Airbnb and look at their pet fees.

2) ask what people charge for pet fees.

Now number 1 is legal. Number 2 is neither legal nor sensible. Ignoring the legal aspects, what relevance is a pet fee in Outer Mongolia compared to one wherever your listing may be?

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Shanda28 You could find out what a local pet center/kennel charges per night for boarding.  I charge $75 or $100 per booking for up to 2 pets.  This is far less than the local kennels charge for boarding, so my guests are usually okay with paying the fee.  Note: You will have the lady who declares that Fifi is her emotional support animal (ESA) and will not pay any pet fee. 

My pet fee also goes directly to housekeeping due to the extra time needed to rid the property of pet fur and dander, and to check the yard for debris (pet bombs).  Even though people are requested to not let their pets on the furnishings, they will still sleep with them in the beds and let them on the couches and chairs. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Shanda28

I came across your post and saw some really valuable advice from our members. What did you decide in the end? Would you mind sharing how much you are planning to charge?

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad