How to add breakfast to the pricing of my listing?

Answered!
Conny-Et-Charles0
Level 2
Esvres, France

How to add breakfast to the pricing of my listing?

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I can add a 1st breakfast for  6 Euros per person, helping my guests out after a first night at our self catering apartment. I added the breakfast option in the 'services' tab. And I added a note in de description note of the apartment. What else can I do? Because it needs to be added to the pricing. Unless if I'm allowed to accept it separately from the guest which I would find surprising from RBNB. Thanks!

Conny

1 Best Answer

Hi. I don't provide extra food items beyond basic (spices, condiments, coffee and tea) but I know my neighbor's offer the option to stock breakfast supplies upon request. They list the specific breakfast items and cost per item (eggs, bread, bacon, etc....) in their main listing. They offer the guest the option be billed through Airbnb or pay cash for the items upon arrival.

That may be a good way to handle it. Have the guest read the list of items you can provide then message you with the request and confirm the total cost and payment preference.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Conny-Et-Charles0 ,

As it has been a while since you posted, were you able to figure this out?

Reaching out to our other experienced Hosts @Mike-And-Jane0 @Christine615 @Suzanne302 and @Fred13 if they could help you regarding your query if possible!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi. I don't provide extra food items beyond basic (spices, condiments, coffee and tea) but I know my neighbor's offer the option to stock breakfast supplies upon request. They list the specific breakfast items and cost per item (eggs, bread, bacon, etc....) in their main listing. They offer the guest the option be billed through Airbnb or pay cash for the items upon arrival.

That may be a good way to handle it. Have the guest read the list of items you can provide then message you with the request and confirm the total cost and payment preference.

Exactly @Christine615 . We do run quite a bit of 'Extra Services' that way, from adding a cook to a fishing trip.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your reaction.

How would you charge for extra services ? Cash seems to be the only option.

Just send a 'Money Request'. An option which is on the right of the page (way down) when you highlight a specific booking in the Calendar.

That s a good idea! Thank you!

I think I'm getting a lot wiser indeed. I'm going to offer breakfast as I did in my amenities but also I will ask in a personal message at reservation time. Do they want breakfast for the first morning or not and then price it. However, unlike the extra beds for the 5th and 6th person, where I could add a price, this is not possible for breakfast.So communication with the guest in advance is mandatory. And also, I'm only selling it for the first morning, not for longer stays. After all, there is a full kitchen and shops nearby. The only thing is that often guests arrive late Saturday afternoon and shops are closed on Sunday and there are no breakfast restaurant in France. That how this all started. Because I live to far away to cook a breakfast for my guest like we had ourselves at a bnb in Scotland last week.