How to be included in categories

Haixi-and-Jo0
Level 2
PG, Montenegro

How to be included in categories

I am wondering what more can I do? let me know if you have any advice or ideas 🙂 Thank you in advacne for the help!

After almost one year, the listing still doesn't appear in the category "amazing views" (even though the listing is all about the view, countless keywords: in the title, listing description and captions. Main photo (and several other ones) is the view as well as probably all the reviews the listing had. I asked the Airbnb support multiple times but all I got was generic answers or guidelines...

airbnb.com/h/skyfallkotor

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Haixi-and-Jo0 I can only give my experience. We asked Customer support to be added to Historic Homes and Countryside. They passed the request up the line to the right team and a few weeks later we find ourselves in both these categories. 

Have you asked recently?

Thank you for sharing your experience

Yes we asked recently, the only answer we got every time is this:

"To be selected for a Category, listings on Airbnb go through a curation process. They’re evaluated using machine learning to analyze information such as titles, descriptions, photo captions and reviews.
Listings can appear in multiple Categories if they meet the criteria.
To improve your chances of being included in a specific Category, make sure your listing’s amenities and features are complete and up to date. If possible, it’s also a good idea to have high quality photography of the key features of your space.
Here’s a handy guide on how to take great photos of your space using your smartphone:
airbnb.com/resources
Listings are categorized algorithmically so it isn’t possible to categorize your own listing. However, you can increase your likelihood of appearing in a Category by making sure you have selected all of the relevant amenities and by highlighting them with front-page worthy photos."

@Haixi-and-Jo0 I guess you have just got a less well trained support person. For the last few months (at least) hosts have been able to ask that their listing be included in a particular category.

@Stephanie even posted on here somewhere to confirm this to be the case.

I can only suggest you try again either by phone or message choosing the opposite of the method you used before

Thank you @Mike-And-Jane0 I sent again a message to the support to ask.