How to change phone number?

Answered!
Maricor0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

How to change phone number?

How do I change my phone number?

AirBNB captured from FB and it is outdated.  

Help!!!

1 Best Answer

@Maricor0 - add another phone number and get if verified then delete the other one. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/277/how-do-i-verify-my-phone-number

View Best Answer in original post

28 Replies 28

but the issue is during the verification, it asks to send the verification code to the old number (which i dont have it anymore) do you know what to do? thanks

Prashant36
Level 1
United States

Here’s how you do it. 

Login in into your account from the laptop or desktop version on the mobile devices (like from chrome/safari/ etc) and then click on your picture which opens up the tab where we can see - profile, account, invite friends, etc. 

Click on the profile, it shall open the profile page. 

Scroll down till you see the old number and then simply add a new number and verify the number using phone call or sms and once it has been added to the account you will be able to delete /remove the old number from the account. 

Hope me it works and enjoy your vacations. 😊

Jo-And-John0
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

I've successfully removed an old number about 3 weeks ago from my profile but this phone is still receiving notifications, even though it is not listed on my profile.  HELP!

@Jo-And-John0 How did you solve the problem?

Denitsa3
Level 1
Sofia, Bulgaria

How to do that when you have access from your app only? Those things should be known in advance, not after the fact. Very stupid! Who is responsible for that?

Jonathan1162
Level 1
Fredonia, NY

Hello,

I have a new phone number and I cannot determine how to change my phone number on AirBnB.  When I go to my profile there is no phone number anywhere on the page.  However, they want to notify me by using the old phone number (I can see this on the SMS option).  How do I put in a new number?  THank you.

Jon

hi,

I use phone number to ask question. 

after i create account system show "This phone number is already in use. You can remove it from the associated account or add a different one."

how to use my phone number to search account?

I have this problem, too.  I recently got a new number and apparently whoever had it before me had an AirBnB account with it so I can't use it even though I can verify I have it with confirmation texts.  Looks like this will take a call to an actual human support to fix, which I hate going through.

David6429
Level 1
Anacortes, WA

I can't join the conversation because I can not log on

I had to use multiple devices to log into my account. Thank God I had a desktop computer and a laptop at the same time.

I do not have access to any of the phones that I have listed on Airbnb as I have just come back from visiting family and left the phones there. No other person is able to enter my phone there to give me the codes that Airbnb keeps sending me to verify that I am actually the one entering my account. I have entered through my desktop computer, but when trying to adjust my PAYOUTS it keeps sending codes to my phone. HOW DO I GET THESE CODES in another way. HELP!!!!!!!!

Airbnb will not let me change or verify my phone number! (Very frustrating) Keeps telling me the same thing again and again.:"Oops, looks like this number can't receive sms. Please try another number." Then it will not accept another number! Keeps telling me:" You're reached the max confirmation attempts. Try again latter." .....How can i affirm 4 digit code if my old number can not get SMS. I'm going around in circles! ....Please Help!!!!

Joanna495
Level 1
Alford, GB

My husband tweeted them on @AirbnbHelp and they removed my two step verification so I could then log on and update my phone number in my profile.  You will need to know the old number registered on your account though.  Sorted within 3 hrs but top tip - use a desktop and not the app to log back in.  Hope this helps 🙂

Hi, I have trips scheduled starting this Friday and am locked out of my husband's account, all the trip info is in there. The outdated phone number  prevents us from logging in and nothing else can be done to verify our information. Please assist ASAP as I need a lot of info for my travels. Thanks.