How to change "Pet friendly" on listing

Rachel181
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

How to change "Pet friendly" on listing

Hi all,

For some reason, my listing shows up as "pet friendly" although it's not.  I've tried to find a way to change this setting, but am not seeing it on the interface.  (I looked under "Amenities" but am not seeing an option there.)  Do any of you know where that setting is changed?

Thanks!
Rachel

11 Replies 11
Cathy8
Level 8
Sydney, Australia

Hi @Rachel181

@To edit this function go to "edit your listing" then scroll down and click on "Amenities". The pet friendly check box is towards the bottom.  

Good luck,

Cathy

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Actually, @Rachel181, it is under Booking. Scroll down until you find House Rules, then click "Suitable for Pets" to Yes. 

@Cathy8's advice is for "Pets live on this property" which is not the same thing as Pet Friendly. Easy to confuse.

Thanks!!

@Lawrene0 Looks like both of us are correct depending on whether you're viewing the website or mobile. I'm mobile and have both the "pet friendly" and "pets live at this listing" on my Amenities section! As always the platform differs depending how you view it so fabulous to have two hosts reply 😀

It is under Booking and House Rules on my mobile, too, @Cathy8, and of course you are right - there it is under Amenities as well. Maybe click them all, @Rachel181! I don't know if one automatically updates the other. I have done all updates on my laptop after the mobile app once let me down.

Thanks for the heads up, Cathy, and sorry to have disparaged your excellent advice. It was certainly not you who were confused! 

Hey @Lawrene0 the more advice, the better right? Now I know two places I can edit things. @Rachel181 Hope this doesn't confuse you. I find the mobile site a work in progress but as I'm always mobile I rely on it exclusively. Hope you manage to fix your listing.  If not, reach out again to one of us and we will send screen shots to guide you. 

OK, finally found it:

In the Amenities, there are boxes and one of them is LOGISTICS. Click on that and there are "Pets live on property".

Airbnb could not make it more confusing! It is a maze, a labirynth, or just stupid. 

If it stated that is can be edited in "Space", they shoudl move it there. Or make one category for all pets, incoming or living.

Nicolle3
Level 1
Lantzville, Canada

I have tried to change mine too and cannot find where/how to change my listing

from "Pets allowed" to NO pets. I will scroll down and see what you all say.

Help!!

I was trying to find "Pets live on property" but it is not as easy any more with this new setting view.

Very very frustrating.

I had a cat, it is not here, and I want to edit the "pets", but I can't.

The listing  in "The space" states "Some pets live in property" and the button "Edit" next to it. I click, but pets are not there.

I know it was under a different tab and I used it on a different listing. Well, I tried everything.

It is not on the bottom of Amenities. Also, who would put the pets with amenities???

I think Airbnb should put all pets under one tab, for guest or host. I have wasted so much time and I am sure my listing is filtered out when guests allergic to cats...

Giuseppe1161
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Booking settings -> House rules

Rebecca1700
Level 1
Bigbury-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Is it possible to select how many pets are allowed? We are happy to have one dog, but don't really have the space for more.