How to set a rate for a certain month?

Answered!
Maria1534
Level 3
Bejuco, Costa Rica

How to set a rate for a certain month?

The previous version let you set certain rates per month that overrode the standard % discount but I can't find this anymore. Did they remove this option?

1 Best Answer
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Maria1534,

Hi, yes they removed it this past fall. I had a bad experience where it stacked the rate with the monthly discount and it was an error that someone booked on. 

To fix this I had to log on with a computer/laptop and not the app as it was not visible to change on the app. If you had this set it would be in effect but if you didn’t, you could no longer do this. There was a fall release update with this info in it, I believe.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Maria1534

Last year, our amazing Host @Joan2709 created this guide titled  👉"Use Pro Tools to Set Calendar Custom Pricing & Trip Length - 2023 Summer Release." I would suggest giving it a try, and please let us know if it works for you.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi, where do you park these amazing links you reference in the posts?  

I notice you & CM reference links not familiar with, is there a tab some where..useful links? Thanks. 

Hi @Alex1485 

The Community Guides are found by clicking your profile picture top right, then choose Community Guides in the dropdown. Lots of great info there from many seasoned hosts:

CC Guides.png

Hi @Joan2709 

Thanks for taking the time to help support others…much appreciated. 

thanks for pointing us in the direction of another resource to add to the arsenal, as guests demands increase, the type of guest  changes, and the supply of properties expand; we are constantly  looking for new ways to improve the guest experience and better our operational efficiencies..!!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Alex1485, thank you very much for pointing this out. As Joan mentioned, our 👉guide section is filled with incredible knowledge from our Hosts. I will make sure to give this section more visibility in my future interactions, ensuring it is visible to all our wonderful Hosts.

Thank you once again for sharing your questions and comments in our Community.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Maria1534 Airbnb already moved all pricing and availability settings to your calendar. If you're using a channel manager, you might need to use your channel manager to modify pricing and add discounts. Otherwise, you will be able to see and adjust pricing and availability on your listing's calendar. Hope this helps! 

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Maria1534,

Hi, yes they removed it this past fall. I had a bad experience where it stacked the rate with the monthly discount and it was an error that someone booked on. 

To fix this I had to log on with a computer/laptop and not the app as it was not visible to change on the app. If you had this set it would be in effect but if you didn’t, you could no longer do this. There was a fall release update with this info in it, I believe.

Thanks Lorina. I thought they probably removed it because I couldn't find it anywhere. It's too bad they get rid of options like these instead of adding more.