How to turn split stay off?

Answered!
Ben4581
Level 7
West Hollywood, CA

How to turn split stay off?

I don't want to book a split stay. I want to book a stay in one place.

There is no option to turn this "feature" off. It is not a feature to me, it is a bug that needs to be removed. If I want to book multiple consecutive stays, i can just do that on my own. This so called "feature" is making the site impossible to properly use and navigate.

I will just stop using airbnb if they don't add the option to turn it off.

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Matthias401,

IMO, the split feature doesn't work as it was originally advertised which was to offer guests choices to stay in two disparate spaces within a specific geographical location to get richer experience of the destination.  I've seen recommendations for two spaces that are next door to each other or located in different countries or islands.  For example, St. Lucia and Martinique are just 22 nautical miles apart, and both have a French colonial, but there is not governmental connection nowadays.  Many people think all islands in the Caribbean are part of the same country like the Bahamas or the Philippines, but Martinique is a French overseas territory and has different entry requirements for travelers than St. Lucia (still a member of the British Commonwealth).  Just imagine how guests may feel when they've booked a recommended split holiday, and find that they can't travel to one of the destinations, because they thought they were visiting the same country only to find out that a visa and health travel insurance is required for one location.

View Best Answer in original post

72 Replies 72
Peter3570
Level 1
West Plains, MO

This makes searching impossible. I don't want to switch apartments in the middle of my stay. Campsites litter my search results. I can't pay with bitcoin. Airbnb is turning out to be nearly unusable for me.

Edit:  And to top it all off, I can't delete this post as I don't want my picture posted on this community website.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

See how frustrating this is from the guest perspective?

Airbnb - please sort this out...

Nate626
Level 1
Tokyo, Japan

+1 for adding an option to disable split stays.

Location and price are the most important factors for me, so I primarily use the map to find properties.

I also want to avoid repacking all my gear and moving mid-stay.

my workaround to exclude Split Stays has been to zoom out to the point where they disappear.

however, when zooming out too far some properties are hidden and the price flags on the map overlap making it impossible to easily target and compare different properties.

zooming in to try and target the property I'm actually interested in causes Split Stays to reappear and, again, their price flags conceal the properties I care about (i.e. 'pollute the map') and it's a major pain.

I can see Split Stays being useful for some people but it really needs an on/off option.

Matthias401
Level 1
New York, NY

This is a FANTASTIC feature if you are looking to use it for its intended purpose, and a TERRIBLE feature to not be able to turn off (or opt out of the A/B test) when you DO NOT WANT to split your vacation.
It makes the search cluttered and renders it nearly unusable.
Your product team should have caught that glaring user experience issue. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Matthias401,

IMO, the split feature doesn't work as it was originally advertised which was to offer guests choices to stay in two disparate spaces within a specific geographical location to get richer experience of the destination.  I've seen recommendations for two spaces that are next door to each other or located in different countries or islands.  For example, St. Lucia and Martinique are just 22 nautical miles apart, and both have a French colonial, but there is not governmental connection nowadays.  Many people think all islands in the Caribbean are part of the same country like the Bahamas or the Philippines, but Martinique is a French overseas territory and has different entry requirements for travelers than St. Lucia (still a member of the British Commonwealth).  Just imagine how guests may feel when they've booked a recommended split holiday, and find that they can't travel to one of the destinations, because they thought they were visiting the same country only to find out that a visa and health travel insurance is required for one location.

By the replies here, there seems to be a clear, simple and unanimous request to give us the option to disable Split Stays. But it’s been months now and AirBnB has not taken action to fix this problem.
I’m trying to book a stay right now and this feature (crippling issue) is making me think only one thing, “I need a different option than Airbnb.”

Our time is valuable, Split Stays is wasting mine so I have no choice but to head over to VRBO now. 

I hate the split bug.

Don79
Level 3
Tampa, FL

Add me to the list.  Sure, if you want to add split stays in the search, but make it an OPTION, not forced.  I always search by map because I know areas in which I would like to stay.  It is already difficult to search in the map as the list updates as you move and listings you are seeing disappear as you move.  But now half of the listings are splits and cover up the other listings on which I'm trying to click.  I can filter the listings with a variety of excellent filters, so why can I not filter out the split stays.  Whoever implemented this feature should most definitely be on the firing block, or at least being questioned about why they did not include the most basic design feature - the ability to filter.

Great idea, terribly executed! Please provide an option to turn on when it’s needed otherwise it makes the search impossible!

James3374
Level 1
Western Springs, IL

It's crazy.  How is this not fixed?  Totally unusable.

Martin4468
Level 1
State College, PA

ditto, inability to turn this feature off is polluting the map and making working with it dificult

Douglas431
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Agree, this is the most annoying thing ever. I never split stays, but if I wanted to there should be a toggle. I'm getting a headache just trying to sort through single stay options with all the noise on the map.

Lisa75
Level 7
Boise, ID

i hate it too!  and folks from furnished finder and vrbo are totally baffled by it and think i'm trying to get them to move mid stay - airbnb needs to get rid of this - it helps no one.

@Lisa75 split stays makes sense if there are no properties in a region left with say a full fortnights availability. I wonder (being suspicious) if Airbnb are pandering to the corporate hosts to maximise their bookings.

i have NO doubt they're doing something stupid to pacify their "stockholders"

but it's pissing their tried and true hosts and guests off big time!