How to use local name as a title in Guide Book

David6539
Level 2
Stokesley, United Kingdom

How to use local name as a title in Guide Book

want to add a place to my Guide Book, but I am forced  to complete the box, 'Search for a place by name or address'. My place 'Ingleby Incline'  is a feature on a long distance footpath, Coast to Coast Walk, in the North York Moors that is not mentioned in guide books, but is known to local walker's and has several entries when doing a web search. How do I enter it as a sight seeing place in the Guide book?

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @David6539 ! 😃

I had a look through your Guide Book and I can see there's a part about the Ingleby Incline in there, did you manage to work out how to add it and how did you solve it?

By the way, your Guide Book looks amazing! I'm usually not a hiker type of person but this makes me want to run to the store and get some hiking boots!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

David6539
Level 2
Stokesley, United Kingdom

Thanks for the comment Sybe. Unfortunately you cannot add locations to the GuideBook unless there is a website for the location. On a trail there are many features, known to locals, that could be included with your own photos, but the system does not allow this unless there is a website for the location. Why? Ridiculous - map reference giving accurate locations could be included. As it happens, I did manage to find a web site about the Incline and that allowed me to include it.

Best wishes

David