How to verify a phone number?

Answered!
Colleen-And-Don0
Level 4
California, United States

How to verify a phone number?

I am trying to Verify a phone number, but I get the message "Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number."

Both numbers I am trying ARE correct but the system will not send me a text or a call.  A third number (landline) but not 2 mobiles. 

Why the error?

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Colleen-And-Don0 I would contact Airbnb on this.  I'm sure they can fix your phone numbers in the system.  Here's how to contact Airbnb:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Colleen-And-Don0 I would contact Airbnb on this.  I'm sure they can fix your phone numbers in the system.  Here's how to contact Airbnb:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I just called Air BNB. 1-855 424 7262 toll free, or 1 415 800 5959. They said to try again in  a few hours because the system is undergoing maintenance, evidently since at least last night, Feb 27, 2017. At first the robot answer machine wanted my verified phone number, which is exactly the problem I was calling about, but if you stay on the phone long enough you get another menu and I pressed #3 to get a human being who told me the above.

John182
Level 3
Portland, OR

I've been trying to verify my phone number now for 2 days. I've contacted Airbnb administration, my phone company and I'm getting nowhere. I now realize that I have too little activity on my account (last booked a shared apartment in 2015 for a March 2016 stay). I went through the last verification in 2015 by uploading a photo of my passport and the phone number was on the account at that time. Now Airbnb administration placed my correct phone number on the account, and they told me to try to verify it - still does not verify with either a call or an SMS.

In addition, I linked my account to Google, uploaded a new photo of myself and even a video - all today. 

Airbnb, let me know when you'd like my blood test!

Bill33
Level 1
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

I had this issue while trying to enter my mobile phone number on my computer. I resolved it by going to the Airbnb app on my phone and entering it there. Simple as that!

That worked for me!! Thank you very much for the solution.

Eyuel0
Level 1
Kristianstad, Sweden

Thank you for the help!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a trouble via app and desktop, nothing working.

me too.... neither desktop nor app works.... I gonna give up and place an order on hotels.

I have spent all day trying to get thru the verification process for AirBnB.  I have spoken to 3 customer reps.  The 1st one hung up on me after putting me on hold for 7 minutes.  The 2nd one told me she is not allowed to get into the system to correct the phone verification process.  She sent a ticket for help to their tech people.  Four hours later, I did not even get an email.  I called again.  This time I got the same response as I did from my 2nd call.  A new ticket marked "urgent" was sent to the Tech people.  In the meantime, I removed my credit card info because I read many complaints made on various forum type websites that their charge cards had been charged but no reservation completed due to the phone verification process bug in the system!  Sadly, I will have to go back to staying in hotels.  I was hoping to stay with people who love the neighborhhod and could provide some inside info about what it's like to live in their town.

Thanks a lot friend!

This did not work for me. Screen shot of Android app error message:Screenshot_20180430-160224.jpg

Rohan2
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I just got this sorted in 10 minutes flat by calling them.

Please don't listen to people telling you to use email, or facebook or twitter etc.

They're a business, if they're not providing appropriate service you call them. Just google 'airbnb contact number' and Bob's your uncle. 

People seem to think that if a company doesn't openly display a number it's somehow sacrosanct. That's not the case... they just don't want you to call them! They'll use words like 'emergency number' etc etc. The only 'emergency' a business cares about is enough unhapy customers to drive them out of business. 

Trust me, they'll bend over backwards to help you once you get through to them.

Well I called them and the agent on the phone had no clue. She was so confused she just hung up on me. I guess I will just find another service.