I dropped my cleaning fee

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

I dropped my cleaning fee

The biggest Short Term Rental Operator in the game changed their strategy to offer a $0 cleaning fee. This is a massive signal to the industry that it's time for YOU to make this change as well. I listened, I am doing it. Here's why.

Some good tips here for you guys, 

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Quel surprise - another Bitly link to your prefered Airbnb self styled marketing guru - do you get  commission for driving traffic to their website @Sudsrung0 

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hello. I feel the same way! Please click on the 3 dots. …

and click on “ Report Inappropriate Content “

@Debbie210 

Go Ahead

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Why would we take off our cleaning fee?? 
 This is a real business for many of us.
Why  did you put up a website /link on this platform.  
Please take down your Marketing Link! 

@Debbie210 

There is many people would disagree with you, there are lots of people out there who are not getting any bookings and I thought thats what this forum is about

"Helping other Host" you being such an expert but i never see you contribute to the forum.

If you don't like it then next time you see one of my post, just walk on by, 

I have just checked the YT it seems you are in the minority lots of people pick up some tips from Sean, I do, 

I like to use that link as it keeps track of how many clicks it gets as far as I am aware I am not going against any of the forum rules so in your expert opinion please let me know if I am,

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If as you say you want to help your fellow hosts then answer their questions on here. @Sudsrung0 

Don't create marketing links where you most likely get a commission for every person you send to third party youtube channels. This is disingenuous. And often the 'advice' by these self proclaimed experts is incorrect as in this case.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Well, Sonder is not someone who I would choose to be my role model, sorry.

I know a few hosts from my neighborhood who don't charge a cleaning fee and guess what - they mostly get 1-night bookings, work hard and earn close to nothing. No thank you. I prefer longer bookings, with lower costs, less time-consuming, less work and more earnings.

I would (maybe) target 1-night bookings only if my Airbnb would be a small and simple room without a kitchen and in the same house where I live, next to the airport, hospital, highway... or some other transit place where guests rarely stay more than 1 night. Then I would probably drop the cleaning fee.

@Sudsrung0 , I dropped my cleaning fee temporarily for the month of November and December and  built in the price into my nightly rate. Didn’t see a big difference in my bookings one way or another. I went back to charging a cleaning fee (small amt) and am still getting booked (90% booked for January). I may consider going back and dropping the cleaning fee and building it back into the nightly rate but I would never not charge a cleaning fee. It takes time and effort to clean/maintain a 5 star rating on our listing. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

And why would you @Ana2038 the guest still sees the same price whether you charge as a separate cost or incorporate into your day rate.

Arguably the guest would pay more when cleaning costs are incorporated into the day rate.

Sadly these so called Airbnb marketing experts of the type that Sudsrung likes to promote on this community are just creating content to drive people to their Youtube channels so they can sell their courses/video's etc. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Sudsrung0  I am perfectly capable of pursuing marketing tips on my own, thank you. You seem to have appointed yourself as responsible for "helping other hosts", but much of the information you offer seems to be self-serving and actually not all that helpful. I never click on your links, but if the information is out there, most of us are perfectly capable of finding it and pursuing it on our own. 

Many hosts help by responding to those with actual questions or issues, which means the poster  is soliciting help. Perhaps you might want to reconsider your "help" strategies. 

Kia