I have a house that is 30 minutes away from Coachella in Niland CA. I want to include it in the search for homes for Coachella. I see many in Indio and Palm Springs appear. How?

Geoff528
Level 2
Laguna Beach, CA

I have a house that is 30 minutes away from Coachella in Niland CA. I want to include it in the search for homes for Coachella. I see many in Indio and Palm Springs appear. How?

How do you list your property in searches for a nearby community? 

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Geoff528 ! Welcome to our amazing Community😍.

Questions related to search results are surely a hot topic for our Host these days. We recently posted a tip of the week from Host @Susan1188 where she shares some interesting tips to be make your listing visible on Airbnb.

In the same thread here, Host @Melanie318 has shared a few observations related to descriptions that might help you appear in search results as intended. 

I would like to invite them to this thread as well, if our experienced Hosts have some tips for you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Geoff528  It has to do with the AirBnB algorithm (a heavily guarded, frustrating and confounding mystery/secret) and likely not under your control at all. If you've noticed, search results are based on demand/availability for the area a guest is seeking to stay in. Obviously, if the local area is fairly booked, the search expands and shows properties outside of the search area. You're probably going to do okay with this, as properties should be fairly booked for Coachella, and your property would show in an expanded search. Again, it's not something you can control. Definitely don't misrepresent the location of your property, as that may lead to future trouble.