I want to run two pricing strategies, do I need to create a second listing?

Gaz--Gary-0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I want to run two pricing strategies, do I need to create a second listing?

Hi there, 

I own a seasonal retreat in a resort town known for its weekend activities, and we've just entered the off season that will run until June.

I was thinking I would advertise the place this year as follows

This is usual

SUN-THU $300 per night minimum 3 nights

FRI-SAT $750 per night minimum 2 nights

To catch cheaper guests this is what I am proposing

MON-SUN $190 per night, minimum 5 night stay

The off season is very quiet (I might rent one or two weekends in the 3 months) so I'm hoping to grab some additional guests looking for longer stays.  There's a lot of capacity so I am seeking to undercut everyone else on the mountain.

So the question is, can I do this strategy on AirBnB as is currently set up, or will I have to create a duplicate listing?

4 Replies 4
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

@Gaz--Gary-0 I mostly stick to one pricing except the discount for 7 & 28 days.
One can make the own rules set for pricing too utilizing a rule set via the app or manually make your rule set with in your calendar. 

Hope this helps,

Bettye6

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Gaz--Gary-0 

No need to create a duplicate listing - you just need to activate the professional tools (only from a computer) and this will allow you to create rules with different minimum stays which you then apply to the dates on your calendar.

More info below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Emmanuel9
Level 4
Agios Nikolaos, Greece

Follow the steps, they are detailed, if you need any help send me a message.

https://www.airbnb.gr/help/article/2982

You can create 2 rule sets with your own way, using them at your different season period.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Gaz--Gary-0 👋

It's been a little while since you posted on the Community Center and you've had some advice below from other Hosts. Did any of it help you set up two pricing strategies? 

It would be great to hear how you got on and if any of the answers supported you in making those changes, it'd be great if you could mark it as a 'best answer'. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines