I would like to use Airbnb to assign lock codes with bookings. Is this available? I have heard of free locks for this purpose. Does anyone know?

Answered!
Kathy1402
Level 2
Greeneville, TN

I would like to use Airbnb to assign lock codes with bookings. Is this available? I have heard of free locks for this purpose. Does anyone know?

Airbnb exterior door locks…

1 Best Answer

Hi @Kathy1402 

Airbnb did announce that you will be able to directly integrate certain smart locks with the platform that will automatically generate door codes "soon" as part of the 2023 Winter Release. The 3 manufacturers were Yale, Schlage and August. I believe this in only in the US and Canada though.

Previously, only the Yale Assure lock provided direct integration with the Airbnb platform to generate codes. There are 3rd party services (paid subscription) available to integrate other locks to the Airbnb platform that many Hosts have used. 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi @Kathy1402 

Airbnb did announce that you will be able to directly integrate certain smart locks with the platform that will automatically generate door codes "soon" as part of the 2023 Winter Release. The 3 manufacturers were Yale, Schlage and August. I believe this in only in the US and Canada though.

Previously, only the Yale Assure lock provided direct integration with the Airbnb platform to generate codes. There are 3rd party services (paid subscription) available to integrate other locks to the Airbnb platform that many Hosts have used.