Increased energy efficiency grant

Increased energy efficiency grant

Hi I recently completed a form to apply for an energy grant offered by Airb&b.  I haven’t as yet had confirmation that this was received or heard anything back.  Can you tell me how I can check it was received? Many thanks Julia

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Julia3739 when I applied I got an email saying they are building a website which should be available by the 23rd Nov.

Hi thank you for your previous message. I still don’t seem able to find out more about this energy grant. I have completed the form but as yet heard nothing back. I wonder if this is a legitimate scheme? I would be grateful to hear. Many thanks

@Julia3739I hear that the web tool is running a little late. I think it is a legitimate scheme but I don't know if applies to private rooms.

@Mike-And-Jane0 interesting... I don't remember seeing any information when I filled out the form that it didn't apply to private room listings. Where did you see that?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Huma0 it was just a guess! Anyway when I sent in a quote I got no response so I suspect its just smoke and mirrors.

Caroline2249
Level 1
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom

I have have filled in this form too and heard nothing. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Julia3739 

When I filled in the form a few weeks ago, I got an email confirmation to acknowledge that, but I've not heard anything back since. I would be interested to know if any hosts have had a follow up on this?

If not, I would be happy to reach out to some contacts. I used to work for the Energy Saving Trust (the partner in this scheme), although that was many years ago, but am still on the Facebook book for current/former staff members.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Julia3739 

So I tried posting on that FB page, but no one has responded yet. I guess that means none of them know about this scheme...

Carol617
Level 1
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Hiya

Be great if you have a contact for them ? 

I received no confirmation 

Thankyou

Caz 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Carol617 

Sorry, I don't have a personal contact there anymore as I worked there years ago. I reached out on FB to other former employees, but none of them seem to know about it either.

I was just thinking of ringing up their offices (receptionists there always used to be super helpful back in the day, but who knows now) to see if anyone could direct me to the appropriate person.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Carol617 

I only found a contact form on the website:

https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

Not sure what the response time is.

Jem139
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Julia,

Have you heard anything more about your application?  I too filled out a form in December, and got a confirmation by email a day or two later, but since then have heard nothing about the grants.

I'd be grateful to hear if you have any information.

Best wishes,

Jem

Carol617
Level 1
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Hi Julie

I think we are all in the same boat ! 

I too completed mine and heard no word back no email for confirmation...nothing.

I've also sought help from airbnb and been informed its not their arena and send me back to the drawing board.

There's no contact details to contact the scheme either 

Very frustrating 

Caz