Insights

Rebecca1635
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Insights

Hi there, we are a new listing (have been live about one week) and we have 5 booking. However, we are not receiving any insights for our listing. The conversion and views are non-existent. Especially in the Host's destop and phone apps. The co-host can see some views but no conversions on his app only. No other information however.

We also are having issues onboarding the listing with AirDNA and I am working with their support team on that, and wondering if the two issues are related. 

Anyone have any feedback on how to receive insights from AirBNB? 

Rebecca
5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rebecca1635 the insights stats often appear wrong. For instance we have bookings for a month where it says we have no views. I suspect the data is either poor quality or it takes a few days/weeks to update.

@Rebecca1635 curious if you are still having this issue since you posted last, about the nonexistent views above? I never had issues with that feature in my first airbnb I did years ago, which isn't active anymore... however I just listed a second one about a week ago and I am experiencing the same thing. The only thing it is showing is "8 wishlist" saves. I was on the phone w/ tech support for a while but it's been impossible to get any real answers out of them. Given that I've seen hundreds of other people posting a similar issue, I'm going to guess that this glitch is just the way it is going to be. Either way, interested to see if yours have populated now that a couple months have gone by?

To add to the above, I did receive 2 bookings and I can see the listing is showing up in search however we haven't received any since. I am sure the listing itself could use some improvement but it's a desirable beach area so finding it a little odd given that summer is approaching. The tech support person said she could see on her end we were seen in 12,500 searches and that we have 480 views within 5 days. But on our side we aren't able to see a thing. Just 0 across the board pretty much. Any feedback you might have would be great 🙂

Sara494
Level 3
Philadelphia, PA

Same problem here!!! 

Airbnb is no longer showing Insights on views at all, apparently? 

I cannot even easily-view my totals for the month, or each individual unit ((??)). 

The conversion/wish list information is literally useless and incorrect. It currently stats I have a 22% cancellation rate ((!!!)) which is super incorrect.

I hate this update 100% 

@Sara494 @Rebecca1635 @Mike-And-Jane0 

Same here. If it helps as some feedback, I turned OFF the performance tools as I read that the old views tab will reappear. And out of nowhere I saw 400 views whereas there have been zeros across the board with the performance tools enabled. I know views are not everything but it's better then nothing; if the tools actually worked they would provide some good feedback.

Additionally, I felt as though I wasn't being found in search even though several people confirmed I was in fact visible when they put in the search criteria. It is a very popular area that is known to be always booked, however its been over a month and only 1 booking. Does anyone have any feedback on what I could change or update? Would love to hear your thoughts! I know that I have no reviews for this property as of yet given that it is new, however it does link to my other property with 13 good reviews - not sure if that is weighed the same when being considered as a vacation rental.

@Christina1105 if @Sarah977 was still on the platform (she was banned) she would comment that the beds need bedside tables with lights on them.

To appear high in the search engine on Airbnb you need bookings which, of course, you are more likely to get if you appear high on the search engine. I wouldn't panic just yet as you will rise up the search rankings as other people get booked.

One thought might be to lock off a couple of bedrooms in low season and create another smaller listing. You would then block this listing in high season so only the bigger listing is available.