Instant booking initial message disappeared, work around

Roger722
Level 2
Eureka, CA

Instant booking initial message disappeared, work around

Since the recent update, our guests are no longer required to respond to our instant booking message request. We have always asked to include the purpose of the visit and whether they're bringing any pets. Since that's gone away, we just get a booking and then silence from our guests.

I've set up a scheduled message now that goes out immediately upon booking:

"Thanks for booking our unit! Please let us know the purpose of your visit, whether you're bringing any pets (and how many), and whether you require a pack and play crib for any little ones. This is an automated message." 

I set that to be sent out immediately upon booking. If there is anything uncomfortable about their responses, we can always initiate proceedings with Airbnb to cancel the instant booking for our comfort. It's essentially the same as before, but we just have to create the scheduled message ourselves.

Roger

3 Replies 3
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Roger722

Thank you for sharing your tips on adapting to the recent changes to the Instant Book settings! 

I wanted to let you know that we've been reading, collecting and sharing all your feedback on those with the product team. As a result, I can now share that the pre-booking message feature will be returned to Instant Booking settings starting today, December 12th. You can read more about it and let us know what you think here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/The-Instant-Book-pre-booking-message-feature-is-r...

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Louise1097
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

WHERE IS HOST RECOMMENDATION?!!

This was THE most important part of accepting instant bookings. 

Absence of neg reviews is useless. Bad guests get neg reviews withdrawn, using threatening behaviour. Hosts do not do neg reviews, in fear of retribution. And how come only 1* and 2* are neg? For me, 3* is a disaster guest. 

We host in our own home. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Louise1097 A negative review is considered a 3-stars or below overall review given by the Host, so that would not make a guest qualify for the "good track record" requirement. 

Thanks for your continued feedback on this functionality, I'll share it with the team!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines