Is it possible for a host to extend guest's stay?

Answered!
Tae1
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

Is it possible for a host to extend guest's stay?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone guide me through the process of extending guest's stay? My guest is currently staying in my room and need additional night, how can I do this as a host?

I cannot alter the reservation in reservation page since the arrival date has already passed.

Thank you in advance 🙂
1 Best Answer

@Aimee187 I am confused as we have had many guests who have modified their dates during the stay by using the change reservation function. BUT it needs to be done before the checkout day.

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34

@Aimee187 if the checkout time has passed then the stay is finished and hence rightly cannot be changed. You can start a new stay and, if needed, temporarily change your min stay policy to only extend by a day or two.

and Helena3

Thanks everyone!

And if the check in time has also passed, then the final option is to send a request via the Resolution Center, correct?

In the end, my guest had figured it out but I was so busy searching for the answer that I wasn’t checking my emails. 

I had received an email at the time of payment but since there was no notification on the platform I wasted many hours searching. 

I’m including these details for others who may run in to this as they learn how to use the platform. (And with the hope that a better way will be created).

Thanks for the advice folks👍

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There isn't a problem @Aimee187  you or the guest can go in during the stay and amend the booking

It is not so easy  to add another day when the check out time has passed. 
Luckily my guest was able to figure it out. 

I have a guest trying to do this now. Any tips? Her check out past this morning and she wants to stay an extra day or two.