Is it possible to have guests see a different listing depending on the dates they are searching for?

Answered!
Timothy575
Level 2
Shelburne, VT

Is it possible to have guests see a different listing depending on the dates they are searching for?

We have a property with a very high occupancy rate from Spring through late Fall. Then things tail off over the winter.  Gets cold here in Vermont.  But we're less than an hour from four major ski resorts. We are considering creating a modified listing touting the benefits of not staying at the mountain and enjoying better food, cheaper accomodations and less traffic, etc... 

Obvously, we could simply change the listing on a desired date. If we do that on December 1st, people looking to book for next summer will see the "ski focused listing." 

If we can't customize the listing by date, is there a way to store multiple views of the listing that can be swapped in and out easiiy?

Thanks!

Tim

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Timothy575 You need two listings. Just duplicate the existing, check everything and then adjust accordingly. Then block the dates on the listings as appropriate and also link the calendars to prevent double bookings just in case you make a mistake. Equally leave both live all the time.

Consider switching on pro tools to make the management of two listings easier.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Timothy575 You need two listings. Just duplicate the existing, check everything and then adjust accordingly. Then block the dates on the listings as appropriate and also link the calendars to prevent double bookings just in case you make a mistake. Equally leave both live all the time.

Consider switching on pro tools to make the management of two listings easier.

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Greetings Timothy,

I do not use 2 listing. I plan to adjust the wording on my DESCRIPTION accordingly to upcoming fall & skiing/snowboarding  opportunities minutes from my area. In your description first  sentence you should bring up skiing with a home to come to rather than a resort. First things guest see. Like the first paragraph in the newspaper article to get potential guest to keep looking
YOUR PLACE : emphasize the snow

OTHER DETAILS TO NOTE: showcase all your areas to see in do during the fall/ winter seasons.

I will just keep what I have in my Pages on my Mac, copy & paste.

2 separate listings for me would be too much calendar work. Just changing verbiage on you listing according to seasons seems the easiest for me 

Plus is you pictures add snow fun pictures, fall landscapes, etc. What ever you want to highlight. 

The best of luck in whatever direction you take.