Key Exchange w/ a Smart Lock Key Fob

Answered!
Jason644
Level 1
Providence, RI

Key Exchange w/ a Smart Lock Key Fob

Hello,

I live in an apartment complex and it uses a Salto branded smart lock system.  A guest can enter a pin on the main door to my building and can be let in without a problem.  However, they need the key fob, which I believe is an RFID reader, in order to access the elevator and the actual door to my apartment. 

I'm trying to figure out how I can allow guests to access my apartment without the need for me to physically exchange a key fob with them.  Anyone run into this situation before?

Thanks 

1 Best Answer

@Jason644 I can recommend Keycafe. Though, I don't know if they have a location in your area? If they don't, perhaps you can contact them and ask if they have any plans to expand to your area? What I love about Keycafe is that it integrates with the software that I use to manage my properties. So, it makes things much easier. Basically you drop off your keys at one of the locations and then guests can pick it up whenever it suits them. **

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

@Jason644 I can recommend Keycafe. Though, I don't know if they have a location in your area? If they don't, perhaps you can contact them and ask if they have any plans to expand to your area? What I love about Keycafe is that it integrates with the software that I use to manage my properties. So, it makes things much easier. Basically you drop off your keys at one of the locations and then guests can pick it up whenever it suits them. **

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]