Listing at Risk of being suspended over false accusations

Answered!
Isabel4763
Level 2
North Bergen, NJ

Listing at Risk of being suspended over false accusations

Hey Guys I’ve been hosting for about 5 months and we recently had an issue with a guest who broke house rules and disturbed the neighbors we called Airbnb since the first complaint and reported the issue and now that we filed for house damages guest is falsely accusing us of safety issues etc. Being spied on even tho use we disclose in our listing that we have outdoor cameras for liability and security purposes only. Can someone advise on what to do since I’m a new host and i haven't done anything but be good and honest host. All of my reviews are positive and I never knew people could lie like this and it’s unfair for a host. 

1 Best Answer

Thank you so much Lorina, 

I opened three cases with Airbnb Support during these guests stay. It’s sad and overwhelming it’s also a guest who doesn’t have reviews at all and just joined Airbnb. I have 22 reviews in the past 5 months and they are all 5 stars. I just don’t understand 😞

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Isabel4763, Hi! So sorry to hear about this. From what I’ve read on the boards, once a safety issue is reported your listing gets shut down until the safety team investigates which can take a few days to weeks depending on the allegation. It is frustrating when guests lie or misrepresent things due to being called out on breaking house rules and being caught. You should have all documentation (pics, keeping all communication in the app, the call with Airbnb support you did to report him disrupting your neighbors, as well as recipes for replacement of items). Airbnb will message the guest and ask them to pay and when they decline, aircover should kick in. You will need to follow up with the reimbursements as I’ve heard varying accounts regarding this )I have not personally submitted for reimbursement even though we have had sheets damaged, a bed frame planks damaged, and some other things - I’ve chalked it up to normal wear and tear). 

Perhaps some other experienced hosts like @Mike-and-Jane0, @Helen3 could weigh in on their thoughts? Or @Bhumika, @Paula could get her to the right support team?

Thank you so much Lorina, 

I opened three cases with Airbnb Support during these guests stay. It’s sad and overwhelming it’s also a guest who doesn’t have reviews at all and just joined Airbnb. I have 22 reviews in the past 5 months and they are all 5 stars. I just don’t understand 😞