Listing does not show up in searches

Ester264
Level 1
Berlin, DE

Listing does not show up in searches

Hello community,

My flat, although "listed" does not come up in the searches.... ! Doy ou know how to fix it?   It does not show up on my laptop, on my phone internet browser, on the Airbnb  app, nor on my friend's phone or laptop....!

Please let me know what could be the reason or how I could fix it please, it is such a pity

Many thanks in advance for your kind help

Ester

3 Replies 3

@Ester264  I was able to find your listing in a filtered search (date + guest count) for the Boxhagener Platz area. But there's a huge density of similar listings, and there's no specific thing you can do to give yours a superior search position over the others. 

Leanne99
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

Hi @Ester264 

Your place looks gorgeous!

I know it’s frustrating when you can’t find your listing coming up in searches.

I couldn’t find your listing searching on 2 people for 4 nights over next week end in Friedrichshain as a location but many other apartments came up. When I look directly at your listing from your profile, it should be available then and I also used the location pin to search using the map.

However, searching on Boxhagener Platz specifically as @Anonymous  did on the same dates brought up 110 available properties and yours was number 32 in the list.

As Andrew says, there may not be anything you can directly do to improve this however I do notice a couple of things that ‘may’ help.

One is that you have great reviews but seem to have a very low rating for communication (rate of O% and a time of a few days). This could be something to work on.  It may also help you achieve Superhost status eventually (provided you don’t also cancel bookings).

You may be communicating off-platform using WhatsApp etc but this isn’t usually advisable routinely for a few reasons -  ie,  it messed up your host stats and it also doesn’t cover you as well in the event you have problems or an issue with a guest And you haven’t communicated on platform.

Another thing to try is to play with your description, especially coming up with an eye catching name and title line to make it stand out.

Some people here on the forum advocate regularly visiting and editing your listing details can result in higher placement in search results. That could be worth a try.

I do this and my listing seems to come up high in searches although, I have significantly fewer listings around me and am Super Host - so hard to say whether it helps.

best wishes,

Leanne

My listings never show up either. constantly calling and emailing Airbnb- no response. Airbnb help center is utterly useless. Anytime they contact me to try and resolve my never ending issues, they say they will transfer me to a department and never respond. Genuinely hate Airbnb. The app is terrible, the website is insanely glitchy and reroutes you to the dashboard when you want to go to a specific page. Overall terrible. Airbnb needs to spend more money on fixing their terrible app and website and customer service. Airbnb has so much potential, but is just so terrible.