Listing not showing in search

Listing not showing in search

Hi. I have two listings for different rooms in same home. The prices are identical as are the amenities and description. The only difference is the pics. When I search as a guest, the listing that appears is for the least popular room which as yet hasn't had enough bookings to display a rating. The popular room which does show a rating is not appearing in search results. Perhaps this is Airbnb's way to market the less busy listing more heavily but doesn't explain why the other listing is absent. I was logged out of Airbnb when I did the search. Could this be a reason? I don't see why it should be, at least in theory. Thanks

2 Replies 2
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi Adam1846,

This seems to be a reoccurring theme for multiple hosts. I have no idea what behind the searching. I get emails from AirBnB for McHenry and it shows me places 40 plus minutes away and not 1 McHenry listing. I personally think it is a glitch.

First: Delete the app and sign back in has helped for me. I think it sort of resets things

Second: when you search do you go incognito mode?

Third: Call AirBnB support and ask them. I feel the power of many hosts complaining about the same thing might entice AirBnB and the IT department to fix these types of glitches.

The best of luck. I also noted that since the winter update my AirBnB app has been glitching a lot for me. I just do as above and then back to normal but then a few days later back to square one with glitches. Repeat as necessary.

KR,

Bettye6 

Thanks @Bettye6  and sorry for delay in replying. I was actually using desktop version so not a mobile app. What I found was web browser version on laptop produced different results to the iPhone app using identical filters. Low and behold mine did appear on iPhone app. Odd that it returns different data for the same instruction, only difference being Mac OS or iOS.