Listing permanently suspended - Property Management Co

Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

Listing permanently suspended - Property Management Co

Notified and permanently suspended in under 24 hours.   Not allowed to submit documents.  50 words.   We took over the management of a cottage 4 months ago from the owner - with contract.  Owner deactivated THEIR listing 4 months ago.  Our new listing had 6 five star reviews.   

We are a property management company with 10 years as superhost and 30+ properties.  Can't get a human to help.  Robots gone wild.  How do we get human intervention?  This is plainly in error.

10 Replies 10
Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

message we received from ABNB

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that it is not allowed to share Airbnb investigation and private conversations]

All of these threads on properties being suspended / removed from Airbnb suggests that perhaps the policy of not allowing someone else to take over and relist a property is deeply flawed - even if the previous management had bad reviews etc. 

Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

This listing appears to be a duplicate of “OTHER PROPERTY NAME NO ONE HAS ANY KNOWLEDGE OF”, which previously had low ratings, poor reviews, or cancellations. Because creating a duplicate of a listing with reported issues goes against our policies,  this listing will be permanently suspended..

Did the owner deactivate (delist?) their own listing or did Airbnb permanently suspend/ban their listing due to repeated listing issues? 

If it's the latter, then it will not be possible to get around the ban with a duplicate listing. 

They state they were not banned.  However, they gave us the reigns to property manage (us in business 10 years - always as superhost) Oct 2024.   All bookings since Oct 5 stars with us.   Out of the blue this came.

If what you state is true - can properties never get the chance to redeem themselves with new management?

Why didn't you just get added to the owner's property as the cohost. There was no need to set up a new listing @Emily-And-Virginia0 ?

According to the latest Airbnb update apparently not - they trumpet the fact that any property removed for bad reviews will be blocked from returning. 

I receive same email, and then my listing were suspended.

The difference in my case is,  that I have same buildings on one land, the difference between villas is in the furniture, decoration, possition on the land ( one is in front of the swimmingpool and other just on side). Airbnb thinks, that listing 1 is copy of listing 2, because listing 2 got bad review in past. I would like to proof, that this listing is not duplicite and is real, but there is no way to talk with team taking care about my case 😞

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Emily-And-Virginia0 did the original owner have bad ratings? Perhaps that is why they transferred the mgmt to you? In the past, messaging through social media used to be an effective tool to get in touch with someone

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Emily-And-Virginia0 👋

I'm so sorry to hear that your listing was suspended. Has this now been resolved for you? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines