Listing suspended without warning

Answered!

Listing suspended without warning

My listing was suspended without warning today. I am also told that I was sent a warning email, but I did not get anything till the suspension email today. The only issue listed is a 2 star review from a booking where the guest made a one month non-refundable booking and wanted to cancel less than 5 days prior to arrival, and gave me a bad rating in spite of receiving a 70% refund. All my other reviews have been very highly favorable. I am sincerely hoping this is a system glitch. Anyone else experienced this before or experiencing it now?

1 Best Answer

I have an update on this, for others that might be in a similar position.

The first issue was that a guest had left me a retaliatory review, bringing my rating down drastically as I’m a new listing. Airbnb reviewed the situation and removed the review as the guest canceled their reservation prior to their stay and did not have information to comment on checkin, cleanliness or any of the rating metrics. That was VERY helpful, I think I’m a Super Host now, yay!!

The main issue was different. Airbnb support helped me identify the reason for my sudden suspension. My property was managed by Zeus Living last year, and it looks like they had  a listing on Airbnb which had bad reviews. My current listing appears as a duplicate, and duplicate listings are not permitted. I have written to Airbnb clarifying that the other listing is not mine and that I have not had issues or valid bad reviews with my property. I fully expect it to be resolved and my listing to be reinstated, soon I hope.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

I have an update on this, for others that might be in a similar position.

The first issue was that a guest had left me a retaliatory review, bringing my rating down drastically as I’m a new listing. Airbnb reviewed the situation and removed the review as the guest canceled their reservation prior to their stay and did not have information to comment on checkin, cleanliness or any of the rating metrics. That was VERY helpful, I think I’m a Super Host now, yay!!

The main issue was different. Airbnb support helped me identify the reason for my sudden suspension. My property was managed by Zeus Living last year, and it looks like they had  a listing on Airbnb which had bad reviews. My current listing appears as a duplicate, and duplicate listings are not permitted. I have written to Airbnb clarifying that the other listing is not mine and that I have not had issues or valid bad reviews with my property. I fully expect it to be resolved and my listing to be reinstated, soon I hope.

I’m glad it all worked out. It seems that glitches in the app  have been the theme of late. Hopefully Tech Support will hear of these issues & continue to sort them out for us hosts.

Kind regards, 

Bettye6

Thank you @Bettye6 ! My listing is still suspended and I’m waiting for resolution.