Long term rental and whats expected

Answered!

Long term rental and whats expected

Hi All

We have been asked to do a 2 month rental on our air bnb.  We have never done this before but unsure whats expected to us.  This is a property without laundry washing facilities. 

Do we have to regular clean the property?

Do we have to change bedding etc, if so how often 

We are not sure if this is the norm or do you leave them to it? 

Thanks all

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@David11826 we offer to do a bed linen change fortnightly (and swallow the cost) so that we can keep an eye on the place. 2 months means the nights will not qualify under the FHL 105 night requirement and I am not sure they qualify under the Business Rates requirement of 70ish nights. Also you are more likely to establish a tenancy as it is unlikely to be someone on holiday from their normal home.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@David11826 we offer to do a bed linen change fortnightly (and swallow the cost) so that we can keep an eye on the place. 2 months means the nights will not qualify under the FHL 105 night requirement and I am not sure they qualify under the Business Rates requirement of 70ish nights. Also you are more likely to establish a tenancy as it is unlikely to be someone on holiday from their normal home.

Thanks for this, we just asked them direct also and they said the 2 contractors are used to this length of stay and will wash them at a local laundrette. Great news. thanks 

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

great question though part of the answer comes to your decisions. 
I reached out to all my long term guests as to what preference they would prefer. 
1) I keep all cleaning supplies at their disposal. I do not charge a cleaning fee. I ask if they want me to clean as that would then be an extra charge. 100% declined & never had issues. 

2) We do not have laundry services though I supply them with change of linens & plenty of towels. Ive asked if they want me to do their laundry. I do have a dryers rack for the tub. There are 2 excellent laundry facilities. 1 a 1/4 block away. I have never been asked to do laundry. 

The best of luck. I’ve been just over 1 year & extremely lucky have the best of guests. 
Bettye6