Looking for Refferals

Looking for Refferals

Hello ! I am a new host and lookong for guests to host in my apartment. It is extremely cozy and overlooking the entire Marina and sea view. Would love to be helped by the community:) Thanks in advance

15 Replies 15
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Muhammad236 

You need to attract guests with you listing.

The listing says: 4 guests, 1 bed.

That is not the comfort guests are looking for 🤔

So first add the section "sleeping arrangements" to the listing.

The check-in time is: after 8 AM (are you sure ? )

No check-out time is mentioned

Houserules:

Smoking is allowed, but ïn additional rules:

"Smoking in Balcony only not indoors"  (??)

Hello, thank you so much for your kind feedback highly appreciated your comment. The reason is mentioned 4 because the house can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. Also, its my own house hence i am flexible with check in and check out times and smoking is common in dubai in balconies hence mentioned it's allowed only in balcony and not indoors. Dont know where else i can mention it to be more clear about it. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Muhammad236 ,

Welcome to Airbnb Community Center! As a starter, you can have a look at the resources that we have on how to get started with hosting. 

You can find some more information on how to prepare your listings and basics of hosting here. 

Referring such info will help you know more about the platform and how to make most out of it. Please feel free to connect with me in DM if you need any help. Happy Hosting!!!😄

Bhumika

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing the links much appreciated 👍 i will check those and abide by. Since its my first listing i was concerned if i have posted it well to attract guests. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Muhammad236  you have some work to do to get your listing fully finished. 

I would avoid words like: cosy, beautiful, luxurious.  I do not think those words apply and you'll get a bad review because your bed making skills are not even close to "luxury". try: convenient, clean (maybe, I wouldn't promise that currently), modern, great views.  (your sofa needs a lint roller). Dubai is renowned for luxury hotels with high cleanliness standards, you can't compete with your current furniture and styling, so try to show why your place is different/better than a hotel (like those views, having a kitchen and wm). 

Have you looked at your competition? your price is too high, and the other listings look immaculate, and luxurious, and many are even cheaper than you. You might consider offering a more budget friendly listing, because your location is great. BUT there are SO many apartment available, and all of them are nice. Take an honest look at yours compared to the rest (over 700 listings in just that small area!), plus hotels? 

you won't need marketing, ABB is the most popular platform, have a good listing with great photos and a well described listing at the right price, but having a look, that looks like a tough market to compete in. 

Hello, 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/10307002?s=42&unique_share_id=c1ba7efe-42b1-4769-8454-b808c82f5125

This is one of the listing same as mine and doesn't offer 180 degree view from the living room as mine. ABB is for homes so you cannot compare my bed making skills with 1000s of staff working at a hotel. The area i stay in and the building is the epicenter of dubai and has lots of amenities around so i dont expect a traveller to be staying indoors mostly so there is tons of things to do around. Yes i am not s professional photographer but pictures speak for the space itself. Also, the hotels around my building dont charge anywhere less than 1000 AED per night hence i priced competitively. 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/50315441?s=42&unique_share_id=0560a6df-2d5a-4ec1-83f6-b13800243d4f

This is a STUDIO in the same building as mine and check the daily rate on a much lower floor 🙂

yes @Muhammad236  look how clean it is! look at that nice bed. and as you say: guests will out all day so what does it matter?  the bathroom doesn't have some dude's toothbrush in it. the kitchen is clean. 

I can tell you that i would choose that over your place because it looks like it set up for STR, with a professional host. The price difference works out to be $10, you are cheaper by $10, but she gives us bottled water... and shampoo/conditioner, a hair dryer and an espresso machine. 

and doesn't engage in puffery:

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 9.15.32 pm.png

  

price difference works out to be $10, you are cheaper by $10, but she gives us bottled water... and shampoo/conditioner, a hair dryer and an espresso machine. 

All of this is included in my apartment as well and its not puffery, its facts ahout my place with highlights.

@Muhammad236  great, then update your amenities list, because that isn't reflected there. 

Sorry, where is the golf course? and the lake view? and the beach view? 

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum Mo,

And before I start, Mrs G might sound matter-of-fact in tone but arguing with the Queen of Common Sense - is not a gr8 idea. : -) [She is in your side here. That's how I felt 1st time, now I read her and I think she was/ is always RIGHT!. So I wont forget 'im not a professional photographer - u say' but She is. She really is a photographer]

Location matters & property has to be there, however as a 1st timer while PRICING MATTERS a lot [start same/below competition]  soon you'll find out the ensuing problems. So, be patient and 'hang around for a while' Study a bit more because once a situation develops [airbnb, guests, fraud, mistakes, and so on] you have to deal with few/many things in real-time.

For new hosts this is not easy:

(a) lack of experience

(b) always in reactive mode - while under attack/ accused/ things happening

(c) delays, and lastly

(d) the system is such that in '1-2-3 bad reviews or low Stars' a NEW Host can be sunk. [here's when We need Gillian and her-like/ expertise/ advice]

Good luck, from one feline to another, 

[pls take the Lion's crown off, or our family would laugh at us...

a Lion doesn't need a crown, he is a LION. LOL] 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Bes175  wow, thank you for that. and sorry, i'm not one for rainbow, fluff and bubblegum, those things don't help, they make you feel good, but anyone who offers only encouraging words here is not helping IMHO. 

I'm offering some free advice, I forget sometimes I should include some sugar to help the medicine go down.  and, um, I didn't say any of the things I was actually thinking........... where is Richard, he'll deploy some truth bombs, lol.  

I did a search in just your area @Muhammad236  you have 700 competitors and these are not hotels, these are airbnbs. What page are you on? Have you looked at these other homes? I looked at 6, (instead of sweet words I used my time to do some research to help you), and they were cheaper and nicer. And before you appeal to experience or authority, yes I've been to Dubai.... we stayed in a nice hotel and it was incredible, I still remember it. very cool place. 

abb_dubai21.05 pm.jpg

here is a competitor of yours, who is actually cheaper...
https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/50259537?adults=2&check_in=2022-12-05&check_out=2022-12-08&source_im...

@Gillian166 @Muhammad236 

As you said that must be a tough market, To me that just looks like some flat in downtown Dubai, 

I have been a couple of times and there is some amazing deals and amazing hotels in Dubai, my question who are you aiming at Tourist or Business? 

You have to look at what a tourist will pay with a package deal not you as a local asking the price of a hotel,

Example: My Daughter in Law got an amazing deal to come to Phuket next year, Me as a local and speak the language could not get, She bought a package, flights from the UK to Phuket for 2 adults 1 child, 2 weeks in a top 5 star hotel with a sea view, airport pickup and including breakfast.

The flights alone were a lot more expensive, 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Muhammad236  Lower number of guests to 2. Place too small for 4 people. Too much stuff in rental—find ways to remove clutter. Retake photos using landscape. Remake bed. Looks rumpled.

Do a search on airbnb to look at other rentals in your area. During my search, I found rentals more spacious and upscale than your place with a much lower nightly rental.