Managing calendar dates

Answered!
Claire2224
Level 2
Coombe Keynes, United Kingdom

Managing calendar dates

Recently my calendar keeps opening up dates that I have blocked out so they show as available for guests to request to book.

This has happened over a dozen times lately and trying to get Airbnb Support to acknowledge responsibility or fix it is like banging my head against a brick wall.

I have phoned them, messaged them, sent snap shots of unblocked dates and all I get is polite, well scripted verse of going through all my calendar dates each time to check if they are correct and advise on how to cancel guest reservations.  Airbnb have not admitted they have a fault with their system and I am fed up of trying to sort it out with them.

I can see I am not alone in this calendar issue by all the other people who have raised the same complaint.

In order to help stop guests requesting to book dates that have un-blocked themselves on my calendar, I have now raised my blocked dates to a high nightly amount so that when/if they unblock themselves guests are unlikely to book them.  I cant think what else to do.

It is a shame that Airbnb Support has failed so spectacularly on addressing this issue as I had otherwise found them very swift to help and with good support for both host and guest.  Not so this time.

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Claire2224, I am sorry to hear about this situation.

After reaching out to our technical team, it appears that you have previously used a channel manager, and some settings were made via that channel manager. Even if you are not using this anymore, would it be possible for you to contact them and ask them to reset all settings, and ensure that the connection/disconnection is properly done?

This could help resolve the issue. Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Claire2224, I am sorry to hear about this situation.

After reaching out to our technical team, it appears that you have previously used a channel manager, and some settings were made via that channel manager. Even if you are not using this anymore, would it be possible for you to contact them and ask them to reset all settings, and ensure that the connection/disconnection is properly done?

This could help resolve the issue. Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Claire2224
Level 2
Coombe Keynes, United Kingdom

Hi @Paula ,

thank you so much for looking into this for me.

What do you mean by a Channel Manager please?

regards 

Claire 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Claire2224, >>here is an article that explains what a channel manager is. I hope this helps to clarify.

Keep me posted.

-----