Minimum Night Setting Trouble

Lisa5647
Level 1
Portland, ME

Minimum Night Setting Trouble

I set up a few rules for minimum night stays for specific dates. For example, during the summer we only do weekly rentals and Saturday check-ins. I also have a 7 night minimum for February break as we are across from a ski resort. All seems to work fine EXCEPT the rule I am trying to set up for Columbus Day 2022 (not this year).  Trying to set it up for a 3 night minimum but when I go in and test it it defaults to my overall 2 night minimum. Any suggestions? What am I missing here?  I tried adding in a specific check in date but that only complicated it and made certain dates unavailable but still with a 2 night min.  Screen shot of my current trip length settings.

Lisa5647_0-1631118060335.png

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lisa5647 

i suggest to use rule sets instead of custom trip lenght.

This is "old school"

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/how-do-rulesets-work

Thanks, @Emiel1 . I will spend some time with this and figure it out. 

Lisa5647
Level 1
Portland, ME

@Emiel1 Looking at the help doc more closely https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2062/how-do-i-create-and-edit-rulesets and it looks like I need to have multiple listings to access rule sets through the Multi-Calendar, for individual listings it instructs you to go to the calendar and use the availability and pricing settings which is what I had originally done. So unless I'm missing something I think I'm back where I started. Any other thoughts?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lisa5647 

As i have multiple listings, i can not tell you if you can use the multicalender also with only one listing.

You can find out by activating "professional tools" in your account and see what is happening.

(you can deactivate it again of no succes)

Although rules sets can also be used in the normal listings calender, it is not recommended as the interface there is very inconvenient.

@Lisa5647logically, you can't have multiple calendars with just one listing 🙂

but you can still use all other features of professional tools