My property is not appearing for clients to book

Answered!
Tara644
Level 2
Santa Cruz, Costa Rica

My property is not appearing for clients to book

I have been trying to reach someone in the tech dept or account management regarding my listing.  I have called numerous times, I get the support staff, they say everything regarding my listing is fine but I have not received a booking within the last 4 months whereas on VRBO and Booking.com many have come through.  This is very unusual activity as we are going into high season and by now we have received multiple bookings.  How do you get to a higher level AirBnB manager who has the ability to look deeper into problems then the support staff?

1 Best Answer
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Tara644, I hope you're well 😊. I just wanted to confirm, just as Helen did below that you do have 3 listings advertised on your profile. 

Do you mean that your listing may not be appearing in the search results? It would be worth checking from another account or a device if guests can find your listing. Here is an article that can help you check if guests can find your listing : Confirm that guests can find your listing .

There are also several help articles that may potentially help with knowing more about how search results work on Airbnb : https://www.airbnb.ca/help/topic/1474 .

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Sophia 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Tara644 

I am a little confused by your post. I can see three listings advertised on your profile.

Tara644
Level 2
Santa Cruz, Costa Rica

Hello Helen,

So sorry for this late reply, I am only now seeing this.  The problem was a violation was placed on my account blocking it from view, Airbnb did not know why the violation was placed, I did not either, but it has been resolved.  

I do though have a new problem that maybe you can help me with.  

In Costa Rica right now we are in an emergency drought situation so no water is coming from the municipality.  My client of 10 days during Christmas, came to the property knowing the problem, I delivered water by truck to the property at an expense of $150 to me every other day.  After the 10 days the client checked out, called Airbnb and told them she did not have water for a few hours one day.  Airbnb refunded 30% of her payout, $2756!!! Clearly the fact that we are in state of emergency and I was still able to deliver water should be taken into consideration, two of the Ambassadors agreed and made a promise on the messages if I showed proof of the drought they would refund my money.  I sent them the newspaper article from the country that came out January 3 speaking on the crisis and I sent them a letter from the municipality.  When I called to get the refund I was pushed away with a "our decision to refund 30% stills stand. Case closed."  I can not get anyone help me and I do not know what to do.  This is complete injustice! Can you offer any advice?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Tara644, I hope you're well 😊. I just wanted to confirm, just as Helen did below that you do have 3 listings advertised on your profile. 

Do you mean that your listing may not be appearing in the search results? It would be worth checking from another account or a device if guests can find your listing. Here is an article that can help you check if guests can find your listing : Confirm that guests can find your listing .

There are also several help articles that may potentially help with knowing more about how search results work on Airbnb : https://www.airbnb.ca/help/topic/1474 .

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Sophia 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Tara644
Level 2
Santa Cruz, Costa Rica

Hello Sophia,

So sorry for this late reply, I am only now seeing this.  The problem was a violation was placed on my account blocking it from view, Airbnb did not know why the violation was placed, I did not either, but it has been resolved.  

I do though have a new problem that maybe you can help me with.  

In Costa Rica right now we are in an emergency drought situation so no water is coming from the municipality.  My client of 10 days during Christmas, came to the property knowing the problem, I delivered water by truck to the property at an expense of $150 to me every other day.  After the 10 days the client checked out, called Airbnb and told them she did not have water for a few hours one day.  Airbnb refunded 30% of her payout, $2756!!! Clearly the fact that we are in state of emergency and I was still able to deliver water should be taken into consideration, two of the Ambassadors agreed and made a promise on the messages if I showed proof of the drought they would refund my money.  I sent them the newspaper article from the country that came out January 3 speaking on the crisis and I sent them a letter from the municipality.  When I called to get the refund I was pushed away with a "our decision to refund 30% stills stand. Case closed."  I can not get anyone help me and I do not know what to do.  This is complete injustice! Can you offer any advice?