Name change for privacy and listing got suspended

Answered!

Name change for privacy and listing got suspended

Hi. Please can someone help me. 
I had to change my visible name on the listing due to personal privacy concerns and now my listing is suspended but when I go to “listing issues” it says it isn’t suspended and that it’s live but no one can book my space. 
im happy to upload a new ID but my name needed to be changed for my safety. 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Danica69 

Airbnb has an ID verification process you must comply with in order to order to prevent fraudulent activity. By changing you name, you may have "flagged" your account for review and suspension until it is resolved. Please contact them right away and discuss your situation. Only Airbnb can really resolve this for you. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi @Danica69 

Airbnb has an ID verification process you must comply with in order to order to prevent fraudulent activity. By changing you name, you may have "flagged" your account for review and suspension until it is resolved. Please contact them right away and discuss your situation. Only Airbnb can really resolve this for you. 

contact airbnb~ they should be able to assist with  privacy issues. 

After sexually graphic graffiti was found inside apt ; they assisted us create solution that fostered safety. .

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Danica69 👋

Did you get an update on your listing suspension? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I am in the same boat (Listings suspended after a minor name update on my profile), if you have any suggestions. 

Hello @Jonathan2505 

I've been able to go onto both of your listings and they are bookable so it seems that the suspension was short lived thank goodness!

all the best

Joëlle

Yes it was a stressful 36 hour period but ultimately Airbnb resolved the issue. 

I thought I had landed a bug for the engineering team... Which I was not confident in solving quickly. 

But hey, it came through. Whew! Thanks for looking in a moment!

Jonathan2505
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hello - was this ever resolved? I believe I'm in the same boat with my listings suspended after a minor name update.