Need help, very little bookings

Answered!
Basil53
Level 2
Durango, CO

Need help, very little bookings

Hi All,

I'm a former Superhost for over 3 years. I lost my superhost status when I sold my last property and had a year of no activity before launching my new property. I’ve been told by everyone how beautiful the house is, it’s 5 mins from a major ski resort, on a very private setting, etc. My nightly rate is hundreds less than other competing properties that are far less desirable.  I’m at a loss.  Any advice ??

Thank you!!

Basil

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Basil53  Maybe a summer setting (outdoor pictures) may serve your listing well, Durango being such a summer destination. Your out-of-the-way location may not serve skiers as well.  Just a thought.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Basil53  Maybe a summer setting (outdoor pictures) may serve your listing well, Durango being such a summer destination. Your out-of-the-way location may not serve skiers as well.  Just a thought.

Hi Fred,

Thanks so much, I completely agree and I can't wait to take summer pictures, the snow has yet to melt, lol.  Very heavy winter here - we got half of what Mammoth, Tahoe and Alta got this year.  My goal was to have a large 4bd+ house within 5 mi of Purgatory for large family and friends gatherings with a very private setting.  I had a 3bd condo previously that did quite well, but wanted the freedom and flexibility of having a stand alone home without the rules of an HOA.  I think the summer pics, more reviews and getting my Superhost status back will help.  

Thanks!

Basil

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Basil53 

Welcome to the Community Center!

Have you read our article about asking for a listing critique?  

If not you can find it here.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Basil53 One random thought: Comparing your price to others is fine EXCEPT, by definition, those other properties have not rented so may be way more expensive than those that have. Sadly you can't see those that have rented or what they rented for.