New Photo Arrangement

Misty43
Level 4
Burbank, CA

New Photo Arrangement

Now that I have added photos to certain rooms and spaces, they come up in a strange block order when guests click on them. It used to be one stream, now it's categorized which in theory would be great, but it's forcing rooms like the 2nd living room to pop up first instead of better-featured rooms. I just want to go back to the old original photostream but no matter what I do I can't get it to revert. If I remove rooms and spaces then it still shows all my photos in blocks called "other", "other 1 ", "other 2".. anyone else having this problem? Love some help! My listing looks horrible this way, thanks!

21 Replies 21
Carly198
Level 1
Topanga, CA

I have a solution. It's not completely fixed but at least the photos are in the order I WANT now. 

1. Go to Manage Listing

2. Go to Listing

3. Go to Property and Rooms

4. Edit Rooms and Spaces

5. Open each space and remove the assigned photos (make sure all rooms and spaces have no photos assigned)

6. Save and check your listing

It will either all automatically group in your original order under "Shared Other" or you may have one more step. 

If it groups into "Shared Other" and "Additional Photos" you have to take a few more steps to get the "Additional Photos" category off. 

1. Under Edit Rooms and Spaces select any room 

2. Assign photos to that room but ONLY assign the photos that were under "Additional Photos"

3. Save that section

4. Now immediately delete the photos from that same section

5. Check your listing and they should all be under "Shared Other" in the order you originally put them in

It's some weird glitch. If you didn't assign the photos to a room originally, their system automatically stores them as "Additional." Once you assign them to any room it takes them out of that category and puts them with everything else in "Shared Other."

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the "Shared Other" off and just go back to a gallery, would love to hear your solutions if you figure it out first!

I very much dislike this update......

Hi Misty43 - wondering if you figured out the photo arrangement issue? If so, when you have a moment, could you share the solution? Thank you! 

I haven't! And I have continuously played around with it.

I attempted:

1. removing all rooms; then it looks like you have no rooms and all your photos are labeled other, other1, other2, other3, shared other, etc

2. just tried removing photos but leaving the room descriptions. still your photos will all be listed as other, other1, shared other, etc and be individual so not grouped just looks like a million unassigned photos.

3. also the order can not be changed. i attempted adding only one room at a time and saving it thinking that would put it first, but it didn't. it always wants living room 1st. i have 2 living rooms so the best i could do was leave off that i have a 2nd living room and combine it in with living room 1 photos or allow it to be an "other" space.

4. shared other will always be last in your configuration, you have to name everything to not have unassigned photos just hanging at the end.

5. for the bedroom order i did notice i can manipulate it thru tedious adding and taking away. example: it puts the bedrooms out of order so the kids room #2 first then the 3rd bedroom then master then the 4th. of course i wanted the master to show up first. so i had to go into rooms and spaces, edit rooms and subtract one bedroom from you bedroom total. So making it 3 instead of 4. then i went back in added the 4th again. i assigned the photos and saved. when i refreshed the bedrooms were in a different order, #1, #3, #2, #4.

Does any of this help? haha not really!!! I can't believe it's been a year of this with no change. And booking is down for us all so every little thing helps like having control over your photo order and rooms! If I make any progress I will update here 🙂

Julie4898
Level 2
Norman, OK

I also reached out to Airbnb a year ago about this issue with no resolution. I noticed a brand new listing today that didn't have this problem and thought surely I could change it back. But no. I removed all my rooms and spaces and then the listing showed as a studio rather than 3 Bed, 2 Bath. The positive was that when I reloaded the photos, they went back up in a much better order--Living Room 1 first, Living Room 2, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Etc. I can at least live with it that way (it previously have Living Room 2 first) but I would MUCH prefer guests to be able to scroll through them all in the order I uploaded them. This really needs to be fixed! Oh--and at a minimum, it'd be nice to be able to select the order in which the photos appear under each category so, for instance, I could select which of my 6 exterior photos appears first rather than a random side porch.

You got it! That's about as good as we can do. One of my listings randomly reverted and has none of this going on. The photos are streamlined but I still can show what rooms and spaces I have. No unassigned photos or "other" etc

But you are right, if you remove a room then add back in you can see where it pops up in your stream at least. Like I have a pool at one place and I'd like it to show first but it always wants to put it last! Those spaces I can't figure out how to change at all but the bedrooms and living rooms I was successful at manipulating like you did.

I spoke with Airbnb yesterday. The representative confirmed that once you've created the rooms and spaces, you cannot revert to the old photo stream or control the order of the photos. She recommended giving feedback to Airbnb via this link: airbnb.com/help/feedback Sounded like the more people who say something, the more likely they will look into it and fix it.

Tom4268
Level 2
Jericho, NY

Airbnb please fix this!  How many hosts have to complain about the latest photo update before it is fixed?