New camers policy - Hot Tubs

New camers policy - Hot Tubs

I'm torn with what to do with my camera that does pick up the hot tub area as I'm not sure if this qualifies as an area with "expected increased privacy". The hot tub is outside and somewhat secluded but the camera is on the opposite side of the deck. It actually can't see into the hot tub at all when the cover is up. I worry that someone decides to climb on the deck railing to jump or dive in and hurts themselves will then sue me. A video would show their stupidity and not my negligence.

1 Reply 1
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Steven1723 

Prohibitions on exterior cameras apply to areas where guests have a greater expectation of privacy, such as enclosed outdoor showers or saunas. We require that cameras monitoring hot tubs, swimming pools, and other exterior spaces be clearly and accurately disclosed in the listing description. This means their general location and/or what they monitor should be disclosed, enabling guests to make an informed decision before booking.

We suggest contacting the Support team directly to receive further advice on your particular case.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad