New hosts

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

New hosts

Many new hosts seem to be out of their depth  quickly . Is there a better way to deliver information to all new hosts especially minutiae regarding payouts and how they can be affected by cancellations or booking policies and how and why refunds can be delivered and which requests could be scrams.also can it be made clear that 'the dashboard must be a familar friend ' and people really should be getting to know it before hosting.H

2 Replies 2
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Helen744  lol, I'm sure we all think this is by design. why do they force us to publish a listing without going through all the various things that need to be done? New hosts get tricked with: IB, 20% promo for first 3 stays, flexible cancellation policy, and a poorly populated listing with no custom house rules, I'm sure there's more that i've forgotten about.  

Mind you i was looking into vrbo a few months ago and they wanted me to register and create a listing without ever telling me how i'd get paid and how much they charge. other places aren't much better. and bdc are so confusing, and they actually charge to receive payments, so glad i'm done with them. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 

You can add Smart Pricing to that list.