New review update - no option “not to host guest again” and co-hosts don’t get the email with the review.

New review update - no option “not to host guest again” and co-hosts don’t get the email with the review.

The review used to include “would you host this guest again”

now it doesn’t. I do have guests who I would never host again - for leaving a big mess and distraction. 

Also I used to get the reviews for my co-listings in my email. Now I only get my personal listing ones. 

16 Replies 16
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cristina--And-Cody-0 

"would not host guest again"  should be back and also every guest profile should show the amount of "woukd not to host again" received ;>)

There were also rumors that checking this option meant that the guest could no longer use "Istant Book" with the same host (?)

I too would like to know if “would not host again / would not recommend to other hosts” disables instant book.

Also, if an Airbnb moderator is reading this—please bring back / create a function for blacklisting guests! All major hotels have a blacklist network of bad guests. Airbnb doesn’t do enough to prevent bad actors from returning to this platform….

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Ari46834 ! Thanks so much for your feedback on this. Although we can't create this ourselves, I'm more than happy to forward your suggestion. 🙂

The changes to the ground rules might interest you, as it includes holding guests accountable for breaking ground rules and taking action if the issue persists. You can read more about it here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/A-new-system-to-hold-guests-accountable/td-p/1712...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Sybe,

I looked through the new updates but to be honest there really is no change to how bad guests are handled. Airbnb has already been promising (since 2018) to suspend or give warnings to bad guests, but I doubt this has been happening. Is there a new database with guests that have violations and how many violations each? Will there be a more streamlined option for reporting breaking house rules instead of just “report guest” button? Will there be a feature like a forced pop-up that lists out additional house rules that guests must scroll through before confirming payment? 

I appreciate Airbnb’s commitment to improving the guest experience but if you want high-quality hosts to stick around you need to cater to our needs and concerns as well…. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Ari46834 Good questions and I'll be happy to elaborate. 🙂

The way you can report or flag a guest that has broken your house rules is by getting in touch with CS. They have access to all accounts (what you could call a database) where they can keep notes of what happened. 

Your ground rules will also feature more prominently in multiple places, one of which is the confirmation screen as guests book your space so guests will be aware of your ground rules before they confirm the booking.

-----

Hi, can you please specify where off of a host's listing, are you pulling these "ground rules" from to appear on the "confirmation sheet" guests receive after booking? Are they what the host writes in the "House Rules" section and then under the "Additional Rules?" 

I, too, would love to know if the guest I reported for breaking my listing and guest safety rules was indeed "warned" by AirBnb. There should also be a better way to display prior "would not host" and any 1 or 2-star overall review of a guest so hosts can make better, informed decisions on whether to accept such a person under their roofs.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Tina9064 ! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about the reviews. 

Regarding the ground rules, these are the set of standard house rules that you can choose from. Guests will be asked to agree to the ground rules before they make a booking. Any additional rules you can write in the "Additional rules" section, and guests will be made aware of these as well before they book a stay with you. 

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Emiel1  it's just a rumour, as we never get an answer to that question, so..... that's the answer. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

yes, it is still there. there was a glitch last night and i couldn't do any reviews, but it's working again today (does make me wonder what "new" thing they did, lol)

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 7.26.51 am.png

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

what is annoying is that after you finish the review it sends you here: 

https://www.airbnb.com.au/refer

the host referral page. 

why???????

just send me back to my inbox please.

#feedback @Jenny 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Noted and added to the Winter Release feedback, thanks for sharing @Gillian166 ! 😉

-----

That’s would be helpful, yes! 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

While I have definitely come across guests I would never host again, I do not know if it does anything beyond giving me one tiny bit or satisfaction. Even that is not always the case. Sometimes it is guilt- maybe there were not that bad after all.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Cristina--And-Cody-0 ! As the other Hosts mentioned, the option should still be there. Has it returned for you in the meantime?

Regarding your email notifications, have you checked the notification settings for the co-listings? Perhaps something has changed there or the Host of those listings changed something. Let us know if you need more help! 

-----