New to hosting

Anunam0
Level 1
Seattle, WA

New to hosting

Hi community  , we are experiencing a lull in our bookings , we have synced prices through Pricelab and we have 2 listings of our property one for short term and the other monthly . Could you review them with your informed eyes and tell us what you think .

🌟Link: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1076348130810376608

Thanks Aru and Nam

[Listing link added by OCM]

3 Replies 3
Djibril8
Level 1
Saint Louis, Senegal

Bonjour monsieur, j'aimerais savoir comment vais-je faire pour pouvoir récupérer mon argent à court terme 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Anunam0  I'm not really sure where to start. What is the purpose of two separate listings? I don't think you should be set up that way for one property. You can rent long-term or short-term via the same calendar. Two separate listings would be for if you rent an individual room or rooms as well as the whole house. It's not for bookings of different lengths. 

I'm genuinely confused, aside from the fact that you could get double-booked unless you've linked the calendars, but since it's the same property and a whole home it just doesn't make sense. 

Go over your About This Space information. You have lots of repetition, like sentences used twice, or sentences cut in half, etc. You've repeated the distance to various places twice. 

I'd look at it carefully and redo it. 

Your pools shows as an indoor pool in the amenities, but it looks like an outdoor pool? Some guest will request a full refund if they show up expecting an indoor pool. Seriously. That's how guests roll....

Things you should do: Use the captions feature for all of your photos. I saw maybe two photos with captions. Captions help guests understand what they're looking at as well as the flow of your home. 

Something like: "Second bedroom with queen bed. Bathroom is in the hallway on the right." Do it for all of the photos. 

And OMG, your cleaning fee is astronomical!!! While I understand that it may cost you that much to have the place cleaned, $350 is well over the nightly price, and it will be a real turn-off to many guests. You should probably incorporate some of that cost into your nightly price, and lower the listed fee. Seriously.

Guests can go stay at a nice hotel for two nights for the price of your cleaning fee alone, and there's no cleaning fee at a hotel. Well, there is, but they've worked it into their nightly price. 

And take out the wording about easy extensions. You may have bookings that prevent extending a particular stay, so I don't understand that. 

You did ask for help, and that's what I'm trying to do. I know it sounds like you're being scolded, but that's not my intention. There's definitely room for improvement with what you've done, so I hope you understand my comments and glean something useful from them. Hopefully some other hosts will chime in and give you some feedback as well. 

Good luck. Kia

Thanks for the generosity of time spent writing this and the straight talk that you expressed . I have a beginners mind and look for hosts like you to help and support me .

Thank you 

Aru