Newbie need help with listing UK

Sue1551
Level 2
England, GB

Newbie need help with listing UK

Hello! I'm new to this , I have 2 rooms up for bed and breakfast in my house, do I need to put them on separate listings? I had them on one listing but it seems to be causing problems with bookings, so I've tried separate listings but now it doesn't seem to let people book both the rooms in one booking? Help!

9 Replies 9
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Sue1551  They need to be separate listings. You can create a third listing for both rooms together and link the calendars. Do a google search for “Airbnb help link calendars”

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Sue1551 

Do have a look at airbnb help, it is good for the basics around managing your listing and the useful tutorials and guides in this community centre.

For example here

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/289/how-do-i-list-multiple-rooms

don't forget to link the calendars.

Sue1551
Level 2
England, GB

Thank you, I'm really struggling to make any sense of it all, I have tried listing them together but it doesn't seem to update the price when someone books both rooms, it still shows one room price. 

@Sue1551 you are in control of your price. You need to have three listings:

1) bedroom 1

2) bedroom 2

3) both bedrooms

Set the price for each listing separately. So when someone books listing 3 they get the price you have set for both rooms.

See the link @Helen3 posted above and this link for help linking the calendars so you don't double-book:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

Sue1551
Level 2
England, GB
Sue1551
Level 2
England, GB

Ps I've linked the three of them via the calendar as well

Sue1551
Level 2
England, GB

Is there anything else I need to do? 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Sue1551 It's confusing that your second bedroom is called "bedroom 3." Each listing should include only photos of spaces available to guests who book that listing. (So the single-bedroom listings should not include photos of the other bedroom.) I would choose a distinct cover photo for each listing so they can be easily disinguished.

Sue1551
Level 2
England, GB

Thank you, I will work on those amendments