Nightly rate adjustments

Answered!
Jade38
Level 2
United States

Nightly rate adjustments

IMG_1855.png

I know other people ran into this issues too but I didn’t find a solution?
My listing is not new, this is NOT one of the 3 new bookings with discount.
Yes, I have the nonrefundable option but that should only take 10% off and it’s called the “non refundable option”. Which I’m fine with.  But on the next line they took ANOTHER 10% off called nightly rate adjustment. And that’s what pissed me off. That’s a total of 20% of profit. Does anyone know if the nightly adjustment is linked to the nonrefundable option for sure?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jade38 Can I try some basic math(s) with you?

80-8-2.16 =69.84

so the second -10% is just the explanation. It is not an actual deduction.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi @Jade38 

Ok...this is weird. Are you using Pro Tools and Rule Sets? If so, do you have a discount Rule set applied to the date? (Pro Tools, Rule Sets and the multi-calendar are only visible on a computer; not the app).

Discount Rule Set.jpg

No pro tools. Just basic Bnb platform 

I'm stumped...are you running any promotions for that date?  Maybe another Host can jump in here with other ideas. I would contact CS on this one if you don't get an answer, as they can see your calendar settings and we can't.

Let us know if you get an answer....other Hosts probably in the same boat. 😥

No promotions on that date. I’m calling customer support now.

@Jade38 don't call them. You'll just confuse them. Explanation is posted in answer to your original post!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jade38 Can I try some basic math(s) with you?

80-8-2.16 =69.84

so the second -10% is just the explanation. It is not an actual deduction.

Yes. I talked with customer service and they explained it to me just as you did. I forgot to update everyone . Lol I got panicked when I saw two deductions. Thank you! 

Aha!  I didn't even look at the math...just the 2 amts! 🤣.  Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 !

@Joan2709 So I am, as ever, confused.

The correct phrase is 'I didn't even look at the mathematics'

Now we shorten this to 'maths' so that it is still plural.

Why do others shorten it to math?

This is a far more difficult question to answer that the discount one!

Hah!  Guilty! 🤣

Ha! Thank you! I was legit concerned if they had a glitch. But it’s just confusing display style. They could’ve subhead the second line or make the second line different color or font to distinguish it. 😂