No bookings

Carmen2002
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

No bookings

I am new in Airbnb and I am wondering how are the bookings in Vancouver downtown. I was not able get any booking through Airbnb since Oct 1, 2022. I refreshed all pictures and I lowered the price and still no inquiries. 
Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Carmen2002 ,

Welcome to Airbnb Community Center! As a starter, you can have a look at the resources that we have on how to get started with hosting.

You can find some more information on how to prepare your listings and basics of hosting here. 

Please feel free to connect with me in DM if you need any help.

Thanks,

Bhumika

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

Welcome @Carmen2002 

Your condo looks great! 

Just my personal preference, I would not do a 30 day rental.  If that's a requirement, you may want to look at property management companies and see if you can find something comparable as a reference point.

As a point, any rental 30 or more days is considered longterm hosting.  This can be very troublesome because, doing so, you may be subject to Tenancy laws and squatters.  I don't know about Vancouver, but in Ontario, it takes years to evict a tenant usually at a huge financial cost.

From my experiences with our Airbnb and the neighbours 2 Airbnbs, even though all 3 are within 20 of each other.  They are each, smaller and unique older cottages, yet there are different booking patterns.

What I regularly do is almost daily is check my competitors listings, along with local hotels, motels, non-Airbnb bed and breakfasts for attraction, price, local amenities and attractions, etc.  By watching daily, over time, you can get a feel for how your listing compares.  Another think to think about is your cancellation policy.  We are seasonal (closed now), so you won't be able to see my listing.  

Try joining a local Facebook group, it's very much similar to this discussion board and can also give some great, some ok information.

Good luck!

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Carmen2002   a 30-night minimum is a very different situation, perhaps other hosts who deal with this type of situation will have some words of wisdom. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello @Carmen2002 

I suggest being more flexible regarding the minimum number of nights.

What about offering 14 or 21 minimum number of nights to book. Or at least 28 nights.
Many guests by default goes for 28 nights.

If you decide to offer also 14 or 21 nights option, set the price for 14 nights just a little bit lower to the price for 28 nights.
Do not set  the price too low for 14 nights if you have a preference for at least 28 nights bookings.

Just my two cents. Some ideas that maybe good to somenone may not be so good to others.