Notice of additional AirBnB Fees

Answered!
Jam5308
Level 2
Washington, DC

Notice of additional AirBnB Fees

I have had guests ask me why there is such a discrepancy between my nightly fee and the AirBnb fee? I charge a pretty reasonable one time cleaning $40 fee. But the service fee and taxes inflate a $90 nightly fee to like $165 per night fee  with service charges and taxes. I understand the guest is now informed of this but I wonder if any of you have tried putting in your listing that any extra fees go to AirBnb and not you. 

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jam5308   You can certainly put it in your listing description that your nightly rate is X plus taxes and the service fee paid to AirBnB.  If the guest reads, they should comprehend.

When I first listed, I did describe that my nightly rate was X, cleaning was Y and taxes and the service fee were paid to AirBnB and could not be waived, reduced or refunded.  I think it helped, and I did not get any pushback from guests (and NO bottom feeders).   I got tired of my guests not paying for their pets, so my pet fee is spelled out in the first paragraph of my listings.  If the guest reads, they know they have to pay.  

P.S.  IF the guest reads is an important concept...a lot do not.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jam5308 

Why not take a look at your local competition she what they are doing

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jam5308   You can certainly put it in your listing description that your nightly rate is X plus taxes and the service fee paid to AirBnB.  If the guest reads, they should comprehend.

When I first listed, I did describe that my nightly rate was X, cleaning was Y and taxes and the service fee were paid to AirBnB and could not be waived, reduced or refunded.  I think it helped, and I did not get any pushback from guests (and NO bottom feeders).   I got tired of my guests not paying for their pets, so my pet fee is spelled out in the first paragraph of my listings.  If the guest reads, they know they have to pay.  

P.S.  IF the guest reads is an important concept...a lot do not.