Number of Reviews Suddenly Wrong (5/9/24)

Number of Reviews Suddenly Wrong (5/9/24)

Hi All:

Anyone else notice their number of reviews suddenly wrong?  All of a sudden the number of reviews are less than they should be on the listings?  Also, a new listing had 3 reviews on the search thumbnail (which is correct), but when clicking onto the listing it only showed 2 reviews under the title but there were actually 3 reviews from guests on the listing.

Very strange.

15 Replies 15
Dianne367
Level 2
Austin, TX

Yes, I came here to find an answer to the same issue: the number of reviews being inaccurate. It seems to be a coding error on some menus of our listing pages, but not all. I contacted support. The solution was to wait for a support team to get back to me. 

They didn't mention they were aware of the issue at all. And I don't find any official messages here or notifications to owners. 

So, if you're also experiencing the bug with the number of your reviews, please report it!

Hi @Dianne367 

Thanks for responding! Was wondering if I was the only one that noticed this. If it is an error with Airbnb it will be affecting alot of Hosts. Perhaps one of our moderators could forward this to the appropriate team at Airbnb? @Bhumika , @Rebecca , @Paula 

@Dianne367 

It looks like the Guest View calendar is also messed up....dates that have already been booked are showing open on the Guest View. Thankfully, if you try to book those dates, it says they are no longer available, so that should prevent double bookings. 

. I just got off the phone with Airbnb and our 95 reviews went down to 30 and our stars went from 4.98 to 4.93. They say this is due to just the guest favorite category. I said I wanted all of my old information back, even if it meant costing me the guest favorite category because I think that looks better with many reviews and stars. He said that’s not possible and he had no other answer. Help Airbnb!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Joan2709 & @Dianne367👋

Airbnb is aware of an issue related to Reviews. Our team is actively looking into this.  We will provide an update soon. Thank you for your feedback and patience. 🙏

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Rebecca 

I not only lost 207 reviews, but also my top 1% badge/recognition. Do you know if the top percentage badges are tied into the same issue as the missing reviews? Also, just realized that the calendar is incorrect. A significant number of booked dates are showing open and available. 

Same here @Danlee1 😱  How can this happen and how are we going to deal with all these double bookings that will arise through no fault of our own?  

my stars are down AND reviews are down. I called Airbnb. They say this is the new update and this is due to the Guest Favorite category. This is pretty horrible. It def will affect reservations as people think hosts have less experience, stars etc. This is not an “improvement” airbnb. 

@Kristen-and-Mike0 

I doubt it has anything to do with Guest Favorite classification. Not sure why CS would say that other than to close the call.

I am aware of one listing that only has 3 reviews (not a guest favorite obviously) and suddenly went down to 2 reviews. The thumbnail cover photo correctly shows 3 reviews, but the listing page (guest view) shows the reduced number of reviews (2), but dislplays all three reviews written by the guest? If this was truly deliberate, then both the thumbnail on guest searches and the number of reviews on the listing page would match. Unfortunately, prospective guests are not aware there is an issue and just assume the information on reviews and the calendar dates are correct.

Let's hope it's corrected soon! 🙁

Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

Yes, I lost 207 reviews and my top 1% badge/recognition. 😞

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Joan2709 @Rebecca 

Thank you so much Joan for this info that someone on the French CC also told us about but what's freaking me out is that a confirmed reservation is bookable if I go onto my listing as a guest😱

I can see the booking on my multi calendar but all the dates are available on the listing!!    There is a very important show on in Cannes and people are desperate to find accommodation so there is every chance that hosts are going to receive double bookings.  This is dreadful and can't understand how this sort of error can happen?  So, I can fully imagine that we are going to get bookings and then get penalised for cancelling them or these cancellations will be taken into account by the algorithme some way or another.

SOS  @Rebecca @Bhumika 🙏

Distraught

Joëlle

Hi @Joelle43 

Yikes! I only checked a few dates that showed open (but shouldn't as there were reservations over those dates) and the system would not let me book them, even though they showed open on the guest view calendar. I'll have to go check some more now....

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joelle43 @Joan2709 @Danlee1 , I wanted to chime in and share that Airbnb is aware of an issue impacting both the Reviews and Calendars. The team is actively working to resolve this issue. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your patience.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

The review count being off happened to me as well. After calling customer service, it was fixed within a couple hours. However, now I've noticed that my calendar availability is messed up. Dates that are unavailable showing up as available. Going to be very pissed if I get a double booking. Grrrrr!