One phone number, need two accounts - prohost

Sharee30
Level 1
Apollo Bay, Australia

One phone number, need two accounts - prohost

Hi Community

I am a ProHost, and have a request from a potential new property owner that want to setup a separate account for them to keep as their ongoing property, to keep reviews etc, and access if they change plans down the track. 

Question - I don't think there can be two different accounts using the same phone number. Has anyone had any experiences using two accounts with the same number, or got any other suggestions here? I don't really want to get an additional phone number just for this, but may have to?

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are cohosting the best way to do this is for the owner to set up the listing and add you as a cohost. This is the fairest way for you to operate your cohosting business. They enter their phone number as the owner. Your contact details are added as the cohost @Sharee30 

Sharee30
Level 1
Apollo Bay, Australia

Hi Helen

Thanks for your input. It is not for a co-hosting arrangement, it is for full hosting. 

Anyone have any experience or info for this?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are  taking over day to day management of a listing It is called a cohosting arrangement as you take over hosting on behalf of the owner.

Why do you think it is not a suitable arrangement for your business?

It is the best way of offering a service for your client as it is transparent and they can see what is happening with the listing.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sharee30 most modernist phones have dual sim capability either via a second physical SIM card or an e-sim. Short of the co-host route mentioned by @Helen3 I don't see any other option.

I would be interested to know why the co-host route wouldn't work for you.