Organize spaces layout view of photos after someone clicks a photo on the listing

Jordon11
Level 1
Crested Butte, CO

Organize spaces layout view of photos after someone clicks a photo on the listing

I’m an Airbnb Plus host. You now allow Plus hosts to add and arrange their own photos. It’s really dumb when you click a photo on my Plus listing and it goes to the spaces layout and organizes photos by spaces with no input on how I want these spaces displayed. 

Please pull up a preview of my listing in a browser and click a photo and you will see what I mean. It doesn’t make any sense at all how you display my photos when someone clicks one of them. It’s horrible. Open it it up in a browser and click one of my first photos and tell me why it takes me to my downstairs kids game room?  The photo layout makes zero sense.  Why does living room 2 display first?????

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28133039?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=fd2959b3-0699-43bd-a306...

My 2 suggestions:

#1 - I think an easy solution would be to allow me to order/organize the spaces. I want exterior at the top to showcase my acreage - it's currently at the bottom, then I want my hot tub views to be displayed, then I want my main living room to displayed in that exact order to showcase my property. Right now your systems has my downstairs kids game room displayed before my main living room and is the first thing anyone sees when they click ANY of my photos - that is just wrong and needs to be corrected. If you allowed me to reorganize the spaces in an order that I wish this could solve a lot of this problem.

#2 - Remove the spaces photos view after you click a photo and just display photos in the order that the host has arranged their photos in when someone clicks a photo.  I think this is the easiest solution and makes the most sense an would probably be the best interface for the end user/gusts/customer.

Either of those 2 solutions is MUCH better than the current system. 

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Something is odd. My listing works totally a different way. A more logical way.

Most listings don't even have the spaces view which I think makes way more sense and I wish they would give me this option to just view my photos in the order that I want them in.  Makes logical sense as I know how to present my property way better than their pre-programed algorithm that displays my living room 2 (downstairs game room) first.   

When someone clicks a photo they care more about enlarging that photo than knowing what space it is in.  I think if someone clicks a specific photo it should enlarge that photo.  Why is that so difficult? 

What I ended up doing on my listing is just deleting living room 2 space so now it at least showing my main living room 1 first when someone clicks a photo.  Still doesn't make sense that if someone clicks an exterior drone photo it goes to an interior photo.  

It is a legitimate point, especially if you selling the locale foremost like in both our cases (a mountain retreat or an island).

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Jordon11 ,

Welcome to the Community Center!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns about the recent update! I'll make sure to share your ideas with the team.

Meanwhile, please feel free to let Airbnb know about your suggestions directly via the Feedback Form as well.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines