Partnering with local business

Answered!
Jim1836
Level 2
Sunbury, OH

Partnering with local business

Hello, I have a question for the group. I want to promote a girls night out to include a local spa & nail salon partnering with local businesses. How would you do this through your listing , because it wouldn't apply to every guest booking, or would you have to host an experience separately and how would you include lodging with that?  ( It won't help me if they get their nails done and don't stay the night). I would like to do more of these scenarios to help small business and increase bookings. The possibilities are endless if I can find the right path. Thanks for the help!

1 Best Answer
Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 2
Coimbatore, India

Very viable option to tie up, promote and add value to your hosting. Every action/ idea has its pros and cons. I see more of benefits for guests who are open, practical and willing to explore. Of course they would trust your recommendations if they trust to stay with you. You should proceed based on a personal, well rounded market/ product analysis and I’m sure you will help guests enjoy the experiences. You can tweak the product based on guest feedback-  In turn helps the local business build.  It should be a win win situation for you, the local business and your guest. This can again prove that you genuinely look forward to care and engage your guests. But of course it’s an option and not a compulsion for the guests. My best wishes for your attempt. Happy hosting 🤩

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Jim1836 ,

Are you sure you want to directly link an experience that is provided by a third party with your property? If something goes wrong in the beauty salon, it will affect your accommodation review and rating.

I leave you with that question to think of out-of-the-box ideas to make some additional profit and nobly help other businesses without affecting your accommodation ranking.

For myself, I thought that providing experiences doesn't worth it. I give recommendations of services, but I clearly indicate that I am not affiliated with them, and I let the guest contact the provider directly if they wish. By giving free local information, you are promoting local businesses and showcasing your exceptional hosting skills. It is the best profit. 

Thanks @Guy991  for the insight. Those are good thoughts to consider.  Obviously any host should vet a business before a recommendation is given. Also you can place businesses in the guidebook, but I'm still trying to figure out how to run special promotions. We are in a small town with not much traffic. Fortunately we know most of the business community but still trying to create incentives to book. I recently spoke to the owner of a pizza shop and she is providing discount coupons to place in the dwelling when guests arrive. Maybe that is the course of action at this point. Thanks again for your reply. - Jim

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your market research shows this is an experience that the majority of your guests wants - I would highlight up front in your listing it's something you can offer @Jim1836 

Airbnb aren't accepting applications for experiences any more.

Helen3, Good to know about experiences. Thanks for the Reply!

This is a great idea and it has been practised by a super host who delivered a webinar to the community leaders. Worth the try. Congrats on this great idea. 

Hi @Jim1836 

My husband and I always help our guests map out their visit and recommend local businesses, restaurants, attractions, etc. Getting discount coupons is a great idea. I'm guessing most of your businesses would participate. Get a basket and fill it with local maps, coupons, guidebooks, etc. You might list in your description some ideas for themed getaways. Ask the guests when they book what they want to do and then prepare something for them along those themes. You could also advertise that you do this in your listing - and hopefully your guests will mention it in reviews. Going above and beyond for your guests is always a good thing. We did create an AirBnB experience tour of our area, but it's not connected to our hosting page.

@Fawn-And-Steve0 I love that idea and have an immediate cool idea from that suggestion!  Something local to where we are for a tour!

Cindy1127
Level 2
Harrison, AR

I would say "message me" and send them a special offer that would include the price of the extra services. 

Agree with @Guy991 . I would suggest to add info on the listing page with maybe pictures, etc of the local restaurants, tourist attractions, park, a river, etc... and activities that may attract biz to your listing but I would definitely refrain from making any direct association with any other biz Guy991 says it best. Good luck!  

Deborah1479
Level 2
Negril, Jamaica

Hello

There are mobile salon/spa services available.  You could book the quests an evening of their choice spa/salon services at the Villa with Happy Hour/or morning coffee/mimosas.

deborah

Maybe a social media campaign? The two of you could put together some sort of advertising graphic and share and post it on social. What makes you want to offer this? Will the person receive a discount for both? Like if they book you will they get a spa discount? Or if they book the spa will they get a discount with you? 

Michelle Cook

Cooks Cottage on James

Faryal3
Level 2
Irving, TX

Being new to hosting, this is a learning experience for me. Wishing you the best of luck, @Jim1836!  I'm eager to hear about the outcome and the approach you opted for.

Clare582
Level 1
Miami, FL

Hi @Jim1836 

Have alook at a tech system called stay-fi. It's great for capturing guest details so

You can market directly. However they have just launched a new service which links your guests with experiences via viator and when your guest books you get commission on this also. 

Great idea 

Exait0
Level 2
Garfield, NJ

Hello @Jim1836 ,

You can prepare a guestbook with local recommendations and make sure that they understand that those businesses are not affiliated with you.